Sign in to follow this  

turn signal(s) not working all of a sudden

I have an 07 drz400sm, bought on december 31, 2009. Turn signals all worked. I installed an edge tail light, same signals, lights were still good. One day the right rear signal stopped working and the right front blinked 2x as fast. the left was all normal. A couple days later the left front wouldn't blink, and the left rear would blink twice as fast and my right side was still acting the same as it was the previous two days. Two days previous to today my left side was fine (I did nothing to fix it). Right side still no good. This morning it started acting up again, then I tapped the left front blinker and it started working.

This tells me the left front has a bad connection pretty much at the light itself. The right rear I am unsure of...are there any common problems with flashers? Ideas what it might be? I've not yet done my homework on the electronics of the sm, I only have experience working on my 125 and xr100.

Check for bad connections on both sides. The right rear and the left front are the ones you want to look at. The other ones blink faster because it appears to the flasher that one of the lamps is burned out. It is in the connections, the flasher is working like it is susposed to.

So you think the flasher is fine, its just a connection? I got new signals because I like how they look better so that will force me to get in there and make sure the connections are good...I was also thinking maybe the right rear light burned out

it's definitely got to be the connection, I'd go back to that and reconnect them with some solder and heat shrink