03 cr 125 to ktm 200??? Help please

i started racing motocross on a CRF 150 R big wheel, all motocross. then i got a CR 125 and rode the wheels off of it. Raced some motocross but mainly hair scrambles. i love it but it doesn't quite have enough guts. looking to buy a KTM 200 (don't know what I want as far as close versus wide ratio) or a cr or yz 250 2 stroke. i am 16, six feet tall and around 125 pounds. mainly trail riding (lot of rock crawling type stuff) and hairscramble racing. rarely a motocross race. any suggestions like how they compare, whether the tranny is even a noticeable difference or if I should just go to a 250.

Thanks.

16, 125lbs

off road, Hare Scrambles. hmmm,

buy a purpose built 200 with gearset, susp, set up for offroad, 209lbs

or go with a moto bike that you have to convert that won't be as tunable, and much of the time have too much power.

if you liked your 125 and just want a more bottom and a bike that is otherwise set up for offroad work, you will fall right in a groove with the 200.

Do you mean a cr 250?

he means Close Ratio. The 200's are different than the other KTM 2 strokes, The W as a lower first (granny gear), almost identical 2nd, same 3rd and 4th as the XC, and taller 5th/6th. That's the beauty of the W, and likely one of the reasons KTM dropped the XC, it's tranny is pretty cool. granny gear for bail out situations, close ratio middle gearing, and overdrive for the transfer sections.

Ok I'm confused. Would the cr or wr suit me better or is there enough of a difference to even matter

what's to be confused about. I described the difference. The W is more versatile, BUT, both share the same middle gearing where you spend the MOST of your time. SO, if you want the computer and slightly softer susp, then go with the W, if that doesn't matter, get which ever one you can get the best deal on. I would take either, but lean toward the W for the computer and taller 5th/6th.

For 2010 however, the W is the only one available.