Why do you not like the 09 models?

I'm not, I'm trying to find out why everyone thinks it's a donkey!

The only people that think it's a "donkey" are those that don't own one, have never ridden one, and have read too much on the internet. I assure you that 99% of all those here on TT that have put some hours on '09/10's love the bike.

starts easy, handles killer, super light...what's not to like? I had an 08 with full rg3 suspension, pipe and other mods. Love the 09 08 is history. Only gripe is I do have the fuel smell in eng oil prob. no answers on that yet, but i still think it has something to do with epa venting or fuel return.

I had a 2009 and loved it. Easiest bike to start (I have had MANY notoriously hard bikes to start), Eddie's remap gave it the best power and powerband, really great 4-stroke motor!!! With a fork revalve and front/rear resping, it rocked. I didn't need to lower the rear of the bike like many do, but I am 225lb w/o gear.

Just get one!

I love mine. I got all the RG3 goodies before I rode the bike so all I can say is it the best turning lightest feeling 4stroke bike I ever had, makes my YZ450's feel like mop buckets.. at first I stalled it alot but I got used to it the idle was down to low and you need to use the clutch more then th YZ's

I'm not, I'm trying to find out why everyone thinks it's a donkey!

Ok, I think it's a donkey. 👍

I always felt hot and cold regarding the 09, until I went to another color. Now I can't even imagine riding RED again. I do miss the motor however.

Ok, I think it's a donkey. 👍

I always felt hot and cold regarding the 09, until I went to another color. Now I can't even imagine riding RED again. I do miss the motor however.

rikk,

what are you riding now?

I hate how the paint wears off the case covers after riding it a bunch and how the air filter gets dirty. Makes me soooooo mad. Why can't the come up with some paint that never wears off and always looks new and a filter that never gets dirty. 👍

I hate how the paint wears off the case covers after riding it a bunch and how the air filter gets dirty. Makes me soooooo mad. Why can't the come up with some paint that never wears off and always looks new and a filter that never gets dirty. 👍

hahaha 🤣

Try the hinson cover, I have 81.1 hrs on it and it still looks hew, wish i could say the same thing for the rest of my bike.

D2H_2002bb.jpg

The forks were too soft, the shock was too stiff, but those are easy fixes.

So the 09-10 is the new hot chick in school. All the ugly 08 chicks hate the new hot chick. It is sad but it is as simple as that man......

If I had an 08 I'd hate on the 09 too with all the 08 won the shootout, the 08 is better out of the box, the 09 suspension is not as good, the 09 is not good for off road.

blablai.gif

Ohhhh, Id have a million reasons why the new hot chick is actually a skank. It is so good it gets held to a different standard.

So the 09-10 is the new hot chick in school. All the ugly 08 chicks hate the new hot chick. It is sad but it is as simple as that man......

If I had an 08 I'd hate on the 09 too with all the 08 won the shootout, the 08 is better out of the box, the 09 suspension is not as good, the 09 is not good for off road.

blablai.gif

Ohhhh, Id have a million reasons why the new hot chick is actually a skank. It is so good it gets held to a different standard.

hahahaha

If it's so bad, why has it been on the podium more than any other bike in AMA Supercross this year?

Annnnd exactly what supercross series are you watching? Dungey who is first by a long shot and villopoto who is second, ride for suzuki and kawi and even Josh Hill who is in 3rd rides for yamaha. If anything its been on the podium LESS than any bike this year. Maybe you were being sarcastic though? lol.

Annnnd exactly what supercross series are you watching? Dungey who is first by a long shot and villopoto who is second, ride for suzuki and kawi and even Josh Hill who is in 3rd rides for yamaha. If anything its been on the podium LESS than any bike this year. Maybe you were being sarcastic though? lol.

Leading in points doesn't necessarily mean most podiums. Other than Dungey what other Suzuki has made the podium? Same with Kawi? Seriously trying to remember...

With Honda Trey Canard, Millsaps and Windham have all been on the podium. Now I'm kinda wondering if Honda does have the most podiums this year.

You gotta like that Canard kid though...good kid, family and religious guy, works hard, etc. He's gonna be good.

Oh yeah I really like my 09! Ha, ha I've had it since late 08 never had one problem (knock on wood).