any of you boys rebuild rear shocks?

I'm looking to get the shock rebuilt for my '99 yz. I can rebuild it myself, but I don't have the nitrogen or access to it (other than the dry ice fiascal). I know I can bring it to one of many dealers around the cities, but I'd rather give my money to someone who actually respects bikes and doesn't use cheap seals and oil and charges me dealer costs+ forgery factory parts.

I've learned that most dealers can't be trusted, especially when they are trying to scrape by in this economy. Dishonesty seems to be the new commodity these days.

I'm no pro racer, but a simple trail/hare scramble rider.

So who here can help a guy out? I would very much appreciate it, Thank you.👍

I charge mine at work, but I know other guys that take it to a shop just to charge it for a small fee after they have done there own work. I think moto power productions has the best how to video.

http://www.motopowervideo.com/Yamaha.html There have been many suspension posts of good shops in the archives, here's just a couple of those posts.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460371&highlight=suspension+shops

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173366&page=2&highlight=suspension+shops

I'm looking to get the shock rebuilt for my '99 yz. I can rebuild it myself, but I don't have the nitrogen or access to it (other than the dry ice fiascal). I know I can bring it to one of many dealers around the cities, but I'd rather give my money to someone who actually respects bikes and doesn't use cheap seals and oil and charges me dealer costs+ forgery factory parts.

I've learned that most dealers can't be trusted, especially when they are trying to scrape by in this economy. Dishonesty seems to be the new commodity these days.

I'm no pro racer, but a simple trail/hare scramble rider.

So who here can help a guy out? I would very much appreciate it, Thank you.👍

Matt Stavish "National Enduro racer" he has done two of my bikes and has done a great job and quick service.

Checkpoint Off-Road

Scandia, MN

651-331-1400

B-line supposedly did the suspension just before I bought the bike. When I got it home I took the front tire off and the inner fork tube HIT THE GROUND! The other side was only held on by a couple of threads. I'm so glad I decided to replace the front tire that day or it could have been a disaster had the forks pulled apart on the trail.

I'll give this Matt Stavish guy a call on monday. Thank you for the info.

Now I just need to replace the crank bearings and shift shaft. Then I should be good to go for the season. Been getting a little antsy with this warm weather.

B-line supposedly did the suspension just before I bought the bike. When I got it home I took the front tire off and the inner fork tube HIT THE GROUND! The other side was only held on by a couple of threads. I'm so glad I decided to replace the front tire that day or it could have been a disaster had the forks pulled apart on the trail.

Now I just need to replace the crank bearings and shift shaft. Then I should be good to go for the season. Been getting a little antsy with this warm weather.

If you race H/S and have been past by a guy on a YZ125 at warp speed

that would be Matt!

If you race H/S and have been past by a guy on a YZ125 at warp speed

that would be Matt!

He's an AA racer isn't he? I remember seeing some guy going all out on a YZ125 battling it out with a couple of guys on 250's and 450's.

Yes 17 yrs in AA, this is from the district site:

Matt Stavish

Years riding: 32

Race bikes: Yamaha YZ125, Yamaha YZ250f

Sponsors: Larsons Cycle, Motorex, Fly

Accomplishments:

- 1986 District 23 Enduro Champion

- 990 ISDE World Junior Team member, 4th place

- 1997 second overall National Championship Enduro Series

- 2005 third overall National Championship Enduro Series

- Four ISDE Silver Medals

- 17 years earned AA National Enduro rider

Greatest racing mentors: Bill Stavish and Kevin Hines

Goals: Gold Medal 2010 ISDE Morelia, Mexico

Advice for up and coming off-road racers: Be a well rounded rider, and keep it fun!

I've had Bruce/B Line do a couple bikes and that does NOT sound like his work...the suspension bench in his shop is like an operating room - he's VERY detail oriented. Based on the fact that you're also doing crank bearings and a shift shaft, could the previous owner maybe have stretched the facts of his last suspension service? Anyway, if you can't track Matt down, give Bruce a call 651-257-0828, I'm sure he'd help with the nitro and you could see if he recognizes those forks, too!

I've had Bruce/B Line do a couple bikes and that does NOT sound like his work...the suspension bench in his shop is like an operating room - he's VERY detail oriented. Based on the fact that you're also doing crank bearings and a shift shaft, could the previous owner maybe have stretched the facts of his last suspension service? Anyway, if you can't track Matt down, give Bruce a call 651-257-0828, I'm sure he'd help with the nitro and you could see if he recognizes those forks, too!

That's why I said "supposedly". It has b-line stickers on the forks and shock and that's where the guy said he had the suspension serviced. Could the previous owner have messed with them himself? absolutely. I have no proof that says he didn't.

I've owned the bike for 5 years now and the crank bearings are getting a little wore out judging from the slight up and down play on the flywheel. The shift splines are half wore out due to my over zealous shifting (it's a 125) with big, dumb motocross boots on.

Thank you for clarifying that B-line is a good place. It would be nice to deal with them since they are only a town away.

Matt's doing suspension now eh?

Cool. I just left a set of mine with 33 for typical service. I might do the other bike when I return from Utah.

T minus twelve days and counting. I get fired up about the Utah trip every year.