Yamaha PW50 cylinder & piston kit

• 1 year later...

Couple questions about PW50 top ends.

How much better is a Yamaha tope end compared to the aftermarket ones. I see the remark about Yamaha being better than a Wiseco.

Is the QT50 cylinder the same? Yamaha parts books show a different part number.

With the cost of parts and a bore for going first over, is it just a better value to buy all new Yamaha, or is the aftermarket stuff good enough.

Any particular aftermarket brands better than others?

Is aftermarket stuff AMA legal or no big deal?

Lot of easy questions

Thanks

PK

Couple questions about PW50 top ends.

How much better is a Yamaha tope end compared to the aftermarket ones. I see the remark about Yamaha being better than a Wiseco.

Is the QT50 cylinder the same? Yamaha parts books show a different part number.

With the cost of parts and a bore for going first over, is it just a better value to buy all new Yamaha, or is the aftermarket stuff good enough.

Any particular aftermarket brands better than others?

Is aftermarket stuff AMA legal or no big deal?

Lot of easy questions

Thanks

PK

PK,

Alot of the aftermarket stuff is good. I'm not a PW guy so I don't have a source. With that being said though if you are racing in an AMA event my solid advice to you would be to stick with OEM to avoid any hassles. Yes aftermarket stuff if manufactured to OEM specs is AMA legal, but you don't want to be protested every race when you start talking about differnt brand pistons, or cylinder boring. Also OEM will have a little bit longer life expectancy for racing. JMHO