01 200EXC-rear tire ???

I need to replace the tire on my bike. I got a nice new tire and my service manual with me. If I follow the instructions (which look way too easy to take something as important as a tire off 👍 ) will that mess with the chain adjustment and get the tire out of alignment? I don't want to have to get all crazy trying to get it back to the way it is now.

thanks

I put a new tube in my front tire last night also. I put the tire on and then realized it was on backwards, then I put the tire on and somehow made a hole in the tube, then finally after getting a new tube and realizing that the tire should only rotate one way I got everything on. It only took about 2 hours to put the tire on.🤣

If you can't tell, this is my first bike and I am not very good at the mechanic stuff.

I need to replace the tire on my bike. I got a nice new tire and my service manual with me. If I follow the instructions (which look way too easy to take something as important as a tire off 👍 ) will that mess with the chain adjustment and get the tire out of alignment? I don't want to have to get all crazy trying to get it back to the way it is now.

thanks

I put a new tube in my front tire last night also. I put the tire on and then realized it was on backwards, then I put the tire on and somehow made a hole in the tube, then finally after getting a new tube and realizing that the tire should only rotate one way I got everything on. It only took about 2 hours to put the tire on.🤣

If you can't tell, this is my first bike and I am not very good at the mechanic stuff.

It wont' change the chain adjustment or alignment if you don't turn the adjusters and get the wheel bumped up against them before you tighten the axle.

Most important is getting the bead broken all the way around before you start prying the tire over the rim and to have the opposite side down in the bead channel (center of rim) so it wont be as tight.

Second it the right tools and lubrication. Some Windex or soapy water works for the lubrication. Tire irons. Each of the accessories help somewhat to make it easier and faster like the Bead Buddy, stand, etc. but are not necessary.

Try watching one of the many videos on doing the job. Here is one of the Dunlap rep doing it at the track. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/708/Motorcycle-Video/Dunlop-Tire-Changing-Guide.aspx

Gary