Sign in to follow this  

DIY hi-comp head gasket

Hi

I want to make a high compression head gasket for my 125 honda. its a four stroke air cooled single, so it shouldnt be too hard. Does anyone have any methods or advise on doing this??

Thanks

Hi

I want to make a high compression head gasket for my 125 honda. its a four stroke air cooled single, so it shouldnt be too hard. Does anyone have any methods or advise on doing this??

Thanks

typically higher compression is done with either a different piston, or base gasket. If I were you I would look at having a thinner base gasket made. That would be much easier, and smarter than playing with the head gasket.

yep,use a thinner base gasket or a higher compression piston.messing with the headgasket(ex-splittling the 3 layer head gasket)can cause big problems like too high of compression or valves hitting piston

Reducing distance between the cam and crank centerlines will also retard the cam timing and shift the torque peak upward. Thinner head and base gaskets and milling the head or cylinder will do that in addition to reduce piston-to-valve clearance.

Hi

Thanks

Trace it out on copper sheet and cut it out. Piece of pie.