mx vs football?

well im am going to be a sophmore in highschool and play football, i started last year and was pretty good (so people say) and i love it but i cant ride much and i couldnt give up football or riding any of you guys play football or have simalar problems?👍

I was pretty good at football as well but racing was my passion. So what i did...was skip all the summer workouts and crap and just raced. When fall came around and the motocross season was wearing down, i played football. I live in michigan, so u cant moto much during the fall. Dont know ur situation tho

hmm im a sophomore in highschool and take it from me. you DO NOT want to stop playing football. I've played football for going on 7 years and i will tell you this, after you stop playing it will be a lot harder to get back into the rhythm of things. i sat out this sophomore year to rehabilitate but it is extremely hard getting back into it. i am not going to spring workouts because i am doing track but i can bench press over 250lbs and squat and deadlift ovet 325. So im doing pretty well for a sophomore. if you can, do both

This was something I battled my entire life, but with hockey. It was hockey or mx, hockey or snowboarding, hockey or you name it. Bottom line was hockey was going to get me into college, maybe even the pros (that never happened). The chances of getting a partial or full scholarship to a good college for mx or snowboarding are slim to none. The chances of getting that scholarship for hockey are still small but much greater than the other two. I got the scholarship for hockey. Now, I play less hockey and spend more time riding mx or snowboarding or doing some other hobby of mine. However, you may not be planning on going to college, its up to you. I went to college for 4 years, got a great education, a degree in English, and played great hockey. Now, Im a fireman. So, did I need the college? I guess not. But it was fun and made me a more well rounded person. And, who knows, maybe one day Ill write a book.

thanks guys, and it wouldnt be so bad to quit football if my school wasnt known for football..like our track team is pretty much football(we do like footwork exersizes and stuff instead of practicing events). and "crf150guy" how much do you weigh? you lift alottt

Im currently 162 since ive been losing weight from doing track. But football before football season gets back up and going I will bring my weight up to 170. 170lbs plus a 4.6 second 40-time equals a very elusive and powerful running back.

here is a vid of me scoring the first touchdown of the season on the first play.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh114/crf150fguy/?action=view&current=Picture005.flv

I played Highschool football and rode as much as I could. I was a really good athlete and made all state etc. Anyhow I went on to play college football and a D2 school.

College football it is impossible to do both sports. Between football and school I had literally no time for anything else. I sold my bike and focused on the two. After 3 years of playing college football I quit and decided to get back into motocross.

I love bikes and they are my passion. It was hard to quit riding but I loved football just as much. Same goes for football. If I could do it over again I would have finished my senior year of college football before I went back to riding.

If football and riding is your passion I would put riding on the backburner at the college level, as you have the rest of your life to race etc. You don't have to sell the bike, I'm sure you can find some time to ride but forget about racing. If you are in highschool you can manage to do some races and still focus on football. Live highschool up because football in college is more of a job, and a year round sport with films,winter workouts, spring ball, and the season.

well im am going to be a sophmore in highschool and play football, i started last year and was pretty good (so people say) and i love it but i cant ride much and i couldnt give up football or riding any of you guys play football or have simalar problems?👍

Yes I experienced the same de lima. Play football you've got 4 years to be a god then its over. You can race forever when schools over you can only play football for 4 years.

As others have already said, you only have 1 chance to play football in high school, but the rest of your life to ride and race. The 1 exception would be if you've already won a LL title in the B or A class and Roger D is calling you, but then again you wouldn't be here asking that question if that was the case.

Don't quit football man. You'll regret it if you do... The memories you'll get from playing high school football will be better than your racing memories, unless your really really good and making money off of racing which I assume your not.

every single one of these replies are probably going to be 100% biased. Everyone will recommend what they did/do. And me being biased i say mx because you will have it with you for your whole life where fooball quits at the end of high school (usually).

thats even better reason to stick with football then isnt it?

I am biased since my passion for 8 years of my life has been football. With 2 championships and numerous touchdowns and tackles, who wouldnt be biased? lol

if you plan on going to college then stick with football. It sounds like a typical grown up thing to say but "plan for the future". and besides Im sure theres more "hot" cheerleaders in your school then "hot" moto chicks.👍

I'm not here to tell you what to do. You have to decide that. But, here's my experience:

I played football since I was 8 years old, so it's all I knew once I got to HS. I always wanted a dirt bike, but my parents didn't make a lot. By the time I could get a job, football was petty much my life. I went to a D2 school and got a partial scholarship that helped out a ton. I got my education, and now I can buy bikes for me and my family.

I had a lot a good clean friends in HS because of football, and wouldn't have had them without football (I wasn't the most popular dude anyway) We won a confrence championship my Sr year and that was rewarding. My friends from college are lifelong freinds. Our team wasn't the best, a little above .500 ( I went to Michigan Tech, not exactly a football hotbed with a bunch of engineers) But, it was a great experience. We got to see the pogram progress. I think football gave me a good life experience. On the other hand, my body is ten years older than my age shows. Only a few injuries, but I gave myself a good pounding day in and day out. I carried 270lbs for 4 years of college, benched 405 and squated 650 My comfortable weight is 205. My shoulders hurt when I do flat bench and squats are kept light. Needless to say, I was ready to end football

I started riding when I was 28 and could afford bikes. My stepson doesn't like getting hit (we tried football with him) And, we race harescrables and some motocross together. Motorcycle racing is a heck of a lot of fun when your 31 years old.

I would have liked to have been riding and racing my whole life, but I woudn't trade my experiences for anything. I was never great at football and never will be great at racing motorcycles.

Just my thoughts, I guess. Had a passion for football, now it's bikes. Can ride motorcycles when I'm 50. Football is over at 35 (if your Pro and your body can take it that long) If your enjoy football at all, do it now.