Sign in to follow this  

Under Jersey Chest Protector

Does anyone know of a good chest protector to wear under there jersey??

I was looking at the Thor Sentinel because it can be used under or over. I don't think i would want a foam one though because it seems like if you fall foam is not going to do the trick on rocks.

👍

I have the Thor Sentinel and it does work over and under the jersey, but when it's under my jersey (which I prefer because my jersey has my name and number on the back of it), it makes me look like I have shoulder pads on. I'm now considering purchasing the Fox Titan. The shoulders are foam, but the front and back have plastic pieces for better protection. Check it out on Google, or find it on the Fox Racing site (http://www.foxhead.com/mx10/?cat=guards). I hope this helps your decision.

I have the Thor Sentinel and it does work over and under the jersey, but when it's under my jersey (which I prefer because my jersey has my name and number on the back of it), it makes me look like I have shoulder pads on. I'm now considering purchasing the Fox Titan. The shoulders are foam, but the front and back have plastic pieces for better protection. Check it out on Google, or find it on the Fox Racing site (http://www.foxhead.com/mx10/?cat=guards). I hope this helps your decision.

how can the sentinel make you look like your wearing shoudlerpads. it doesnt have any?

i have a sentinel as well, hands downt he best looking and most comfortable CP i have seen or worn.

mine fits with the EVS neck guard under or over the jersey.

how can the sentinel make you look like your wearing shoudlerpads. it doesnt have any?

i have a sentinel as well, hands downt he best looking and most comfortable CP i have seen or worn.

mine fits with the EVS neck guard under or over the jersey.

Well I may have exaggerated a little, but it does lift my jersey about an inch off of my shoulders - especially when one of the buckles comes undone when I'm riding, which gets annoying. I would prefer a chest protector that you can't notice under a jersey like you can with the Sentinel.

The thor looks pretty low profile and so does the fox titan, not sure if your going to find one that can go under that is thinner than them yet more protective

So is the Titan lower profile than the Sentinel? If not i would go for the sentinel because its nice over and under.

You wouldn't happen to have pics of your sentinel under your jersey would you? 👍

Evs revo 5. Still looks kinda shoulder pad-y, but you get used to it. Remember, no roost protector does much for you in a crash unless you go body armor or whatever, and that stuff looks way too warm

lol i use hockey shoulder pads..sure they look huge but dam u cant beat the protection.

lol i use hockey shoulder pads..sure they look huge but dam u cant beat the protection.

i use to do that to when i was a kid and played hockey,definatly great protection!!

Those of you w/the Revo 5... is it the 2010 model? I like the looks of it because it has more back protection/coverage than the 2009 model (plate looks larger). Also, do you find the shoulder cups interfere/rub when your arms are forward?

I've tried on several of the hard plastic cp's, and the shoulder cups all feel like they will rub considerably or are just plain uncomfortable. I want at least some protection for those close encounters w/trees, and want the hard plastic chest plate for sticks and branches (gotta protect "the girls"). After seeing the gouge in a friend's cp after a stick to the chest, I started thinking it might be a good idea to get one.

I'd love to try it on, but can't find anywhere local that has them in stock, and anywhere I can get it I have to buy it first and pay a restocking fee if I don't keep it. 👍

I'd appreciate any pics you may have that show fit too.

Thanks in advance!!

bringing this back up to the top in hopes someone can answer my q's! 👍 tx!

i have a revo 5,the 2010 i think is the same, i dont notice it on when i'm riding. the only think that bothers me is when it rubs aginst my nipples they hurt like hell after the moto, i use this cheast protector with a tee shirt underneath and a regular cest protector when hot out.

Thanks for the info. I think my bra will save my nipples. 👍 I may just give it a try... I can get a good deal on one, just didn't know if I should spend the $. Guess I can always resell it.

i didnt relize you were female. with the plastic front panel it will no conform to the chest well. some over the jersey protectors confom to the chest.

Just a word of caution about the EVS revo 5. If you consider yourself to have even remotely large or broad shoulders don't buy it.... I learned the hard way. As far as quality goes it seemed good. I gave it to a buddy and he loves it.