Which is a "smaller" bike: WR450F or 450X?

Speaking of the 2007-2008 models, which of these two is the smaller physically sized bike? Looking at a wide ratio, e-start bike and these two are my votes but since I already have an XRR, I'd like to find something that is 450cc but has the smallest overal feel or in all actuality is even physically smaller.

Love to hear from those who have ridden both.

Speaking of the 2007-2008 models, which of these two is the smaller physically sized bike? Looking at a wide ratio, e-start bike and these two are my votes but since I already have an XRR, I'd like to find something that is 450cc but has the smallest overal feel or in all actuality is even physically smaller.

Love to hear from those who have ridden both.

I have both, ride both.

WR is smaller in every dimension.

DON'T go by the Yamaha's website, as it is not correct.

I am 6'3" and the WR feels like a 125 compared the the X, even after all the bar raising, seat raising, peg lowering on both bikes.

Stock, the WR is noticably lower to the ground.

DSCN0004.jpg

Really , i thought it felt like a tank that is why i bought the X over the WR , well that and its a slug compared to the X in stock form , or at least it sure felt slower and less powerful , and it sure felt heavier while riding the WR then when i ride my X , but you own both so i guess you should know , but i always felt the WR was much heavier and larger feeling then the X.....👍

Yea i rode the WR250 and 450 right off the showroom floor ,(they had a test track out back) and i was really un-impressed , but you are right , i think i could touch both feet on the ground , where i had to cut my seat on my X to get the same results .

Its funny i remember the WR 250 ,( i rode it first) , i tried to get the front wheel off the ground and i felt i was going to yank my arms off trying to get the wheel up , so i said ok let me try the 450 , it was better , but not real impressive , the guy told me i would have to remove the throttle limiter plug , cut the gray wire , and put the YZ cams in and change the exhaust , all told about $800 to get it close to the 450X in stock form , ...its weird i rode the KTM 450XC as well (they sold them too at the honda dealer) and i about melted the rear tire off trying to get the front end up (no traction) then i rode the 450X and just about looped it first ride . lol

Yea i rode the WR250 and 450 right off the showroom floor ,(they had a test track out back) and i was really un-impressed , but you are right , i think i could touch both feet on the ground , where i had to cut my seat on my X to get the same results .

Its funny i remember the WR 250 ,( i rode it first) , i tried to get the front wheel off the ground and i felt i was going to yank my arms off trying to get the wheel up , so i said ok let me try the 450 , it was better , but not real impressive , the guy told me i would have to remove the throttle limiter plug , cut the gray wire , and put the YZ cams in and change the exhaust , all told about $800 to get it close to the 450X in stock form , ...its weird i rode the KTM 450XC as well (they sold them too at the honda dealer) and i about melted the rear tire off trying to get the front end up (no traction) then i rode the 450X and just about looped it first ride . lol

$800 to cut a wire, remove throttle stop and remove the micro pea shooter baffle? Haha. I'll do that for any WR owner for $100 and help us both out!

I know it's for what the money-making dealer told you but fact is, everything needed to uncork the WR can be done for FREE. The cams are not needed. If you want YZ cams you need to buy a YZ because the WR isn't the correct bike. But this is all besides the point of my post. My post was asking about the physical size of the bikes and not about trying to compensate for something personal with HP!