What chain should I buy?

Hi!

What chain should I buy to replace the old one on my '08 KTM 300XC? The KTM dealer offered the RK chain(only) for $130. I think is a little overpriced! I was thinking of Regina, DID or Renthal. What do you guys suggest?

Thank you.

I have been having good luck with that chain and SuperSprox sprockets since June '09. They all shows little or no signs of wear.

I think your dealer just has it marked up to the level most dealers sell it for, although it even sounds a little high for that. That is about the online price for a DID X-ring though and the DID sprockets are through the roof. You might talk them into a little discount with the online price as ammunition. Mine was $85 for a RK 520EXW Gold XW-RING Chain with 120 links online from Rock Mountain ATV

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=36&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&keyword=CHAIN&prodFamilyId=3591

Any brand name x-ring type chain is probably going to work great for you. I think the RK is a good buy but not at $130.

Gary