From stock to a 470?

Somebody spell it out for me. What's it like? The 470 compared to a stock machine? I've only ridden another DRZ with the 3x3, piped, and FCR. however, mine is stock. If stock is a "1" on the scale, where's the 470? Seriously.

Somebody spell it out for me. What's it like? The 470 compared to a stock machine? I've only ridden another DRZ with the 3x3, piped, and FCR. however, mine is stock. If stock is a "1" on the scale, where's the 470? Seriously.

How would you rate the piped FCR bike compared to your stocker?

I should be able to tell you in a couple of months althogh my bike will only be a 460 (94mm BB kit and a +4mm stroker crank). Just trying to find an aussie eddie to do the head work for me. All the other bits are sitting in the shed ready to go.

How would you rate the piped FCR bike compared to your stocker?
probably a 6-7.

so going from 32hp to 40hp rates a #6

than 58hp would be a #15 becouse the bike waghs the same

there has been 1 or 2 storys of buys flipping there 470s at 60mph 3 mikes away from Eddies shop ( but I do not know if they are true )

there has been 1 or 2 storys of buys flipping there 470s at 60mph 3 mikes away from Eddies shop ( but I do not know if they are true )

well yes, 8hp is definately a difference from 32. "buys" and "mikes"? kidding.

Well, I'm not all the way there, but.....

I just got one of mine done up by Eddie(the other is the same set-up). These are E models, so, cork out (3x3), stock (ish) pipe, properly jetted, with CE removed, and the "Eddie" mod. Also has Eddie's 1/4 turn throttle. Mine are "just" a BB, and not a stroker. Eddie's estimate is 45 HP, On pump gas.

Seat of the pants is Holy Crap, this is awesome! I was able to appreciate the difference in each layer of the mods, believe it or not. The throttle is perfect, don't be scared of the faster ratio. The CE/Eddie mod makes the response instant. And then the BB......more power, and more torque. I feel that it is perfect for the bike and off-road riding. I have ridden a 470, and they are potent, but in my opinion too potent for off road. I would think that a person would need to be a better rider than I am, AND ride street only (or mostly) to be able to use all that a 470 has to offer. I'm just sayin' that I'm overjoyed with a spot on set up BB'd E model!

The only thing I'm likely to do, is add a better pipe set up. Likely the MRD/SSW. Once the bike is broken in, I'll dyno it on SM tires and see what is really there, but I AM HAPPY!

Well, I'm not all the way there, but.....

I just got one of mine done up by Eddie(the other is the same set-up). These are E models, so, cork out (3x3), stock (ish) pipe, properly jetted, with CE removed, and the "Eddie" mod. Also has Eddie's 1/4 turn throttle. Mine are "just" a BB, and not a stroker. Eddie's estimate is 45 HP, On pump gas.

Seat of the pants is Holy Crap, this is awesome! I was able to appreciate the difference in each layer of the mods, believe it or not. The throttle is perfect, don't be scared of the faster ratio. The CE/Eddie mod makes the response instant. And then the BB......more power, and more torque. I feel that it is perfect for the bike and off-road riding. I have ridden a 470, and they are potent, but in my opinion too potent for off road. I would think that a person would need to be a better rider than I am, AND ride street only (or mostly) to be able to use all that a 470 has to offer. I'm just sayin' that I'm overjoyed with a spot on set up BB'd E model!

The only thing I'm likely to do, is add a better pipe set up. Likely the MRD/SSW. Once the bike is broken in, I'll dyno it on SM tires and see what is really there, but I AM HAPPY!

Great post - thanks for the response - seriously.

I've been running mine for about 9 months now. Very nice package overall. No comparison to stock, it just isn't the same. I have the 15/38 gears and that's good. Stock gearing would not keep the front wheel on the ground. I am waiting to get busted as it is.

A couple minor issues. The MRD is loud, not obnoxious but close. The vibration is significantly higher than stock. Again not a show stopper but definitely there. Third with the 41 you need to feed in the throttle at low rpm. You can't expect to smack it and it just jump. Kind of like runnning dual quads on a big block. If it's already breathing hard hang on....

I would suggest a 39 if you plan on lots of offroad. You'll lose peak but it will respond better down low.

At 99 mph (vapor) it is still pulling hard even with the windshield. At 70-75 mph you open the throttle and it accelerates very strong. I pulled a hilarious 3rd gear power wheely by accident one day. I wasn't trying, granted I didn't stop either... ๐Ÿ‘

I've been running mine for about 9 months now. Very nice package overall. No comparison to stock, it just isn't the same. I have the 15/38 gears and that's good. Stock gearing would not keep the front wheel on the ground. I am waiting to get busted as it is.

A couple minor issues. The MRD is loud, not obnoxious but close. The vibration is significantly higher than stock. Again not a show stopper but definitely there. Third with the 41 you need to feed in the throttle at low rpm. You can't expect to smack it and it just jump. Kind of like runnning dual quads on a big block. If it's already breathing hard hang on....

I would suggest a 39 if you plan on lots of offroad. You'll lose peak but it will respond better down low.

At 99 mph (vapor) it is still pulling hard even with the windshield. At 70-75 mph you open the throttle and it accelerates very strong. I pulled a hilarious 3rd gear power wheely by accident one day. I wasn't trying, granted I didn't stop either... ๐Ÿ‘

+2 on that.although my throttle response is really good but iv'e also had a dyno to play with it on:thumbsup:

The 470 is a totally different experience than the stocker.

As stated above , if you try a 470, there's no way back.

If the stocker is a 1 , the stocker with a mrd/ssw or yoshi ti is a 4, with a bigbore 6, with cams(e or hotcams) is 8 , with a ported head and oversize valves 10 ,and the complete 470 with fcr 41 and rhc 187 a 14, and guess Anthony's is a 16 (rhc 202 cam)

sweeet ! i want one now i thought an fcr and pipe would be enough.... but i want more ๐Ÿ‘

now the + 5 mm stroker crank isnt so available and the +4mm gives you roughly 460 with a 434 bb cylinder the 10cc or so less is obviously going to loose some HP what kind of figures we talking here 2-3 maybe ?

but from what i understand the +4 has plenty of cons making the install a lot easier ?

+2 on that.although my throttle response is really good but iv'e also had a dyno to play with it on:thumbsup:

I'm not sure what expectations are. I've never had any bike or car where you just opened the throttle to the stop from idle.

I have always fed throttle in, either from traction or from simple breathing. I can't see just opening to the stop at idle.

Eddie sent the 41 jetted and I am at standard sort of conditions.....