A couple of spoke questions? Advice please!

:worthy:Hey everyone, looking to re-lace some old wheels. The spokes are totally corroded so my plan is to get new spokes and replace them one at a time to avoid the confusion. My question is about getting the old ones off. They are all rusted so it looks like I might need to just use a cutting wheel to cut each off. I am not having much luck unscrewing them, can anyone confirm which way is loosen versus tighten? I get mixed up looking from the hub side versus the tire side. Am I the only one to get these mixed up?

:worthy:Hey everyone, looking to re-lace some old wheels. The spokes are totally corroded so my plan is to get new spokes and replace them one at a time to avoid the confusion. My question is about getting the old ones off. They are all rusted so it looks like I might need to just use a cutting wheel to cut each off. I am not having much luck unscrewing them, can anyone confirm which way is loosen versus tighten? I get mixed up looking from the hub side versus the tire side. Am I the only one to get these mixed up?

They have normal thread pattern..... So like a nut you looses counterclockwise.... You might get lucky by some wd40.....work`em loose I don`t like the cutting idea, because of the explosive release the rim receives.

The tension need to be build up slowly....and released slowly......

?:thumbsup:

Erling

I would think it would be more difficult to replace one spoke at a time rather than to do them all at once. I'm sure you'll still have to true it afterward. I tighten them gradually as I true them.

Absolutely.......you take them all off before reinstalling the new ones.....

?:thumbsup:

Erling