Sign in to follow this  

What should my next MOD be?

ok so i just put my SM back on the road, i almost forgot how fast this was... really it impresses me still, and i own a 07 GSXR1000. so that says a lot.

But i have an obsession with upgrading everything i own, and its a new season so i can justify spending some cash.

Current Mods: 2600 miles, 800 miles with the mods

FCR 39mm Older Style Slant Body (eddie's jetting specs)

Yoshimura Cams

E model Airbox, intake manifold, & CDI

K&N Filter

Yoshimura Exhaust (older dirt model with a Fat Header)

MCCT

Vortex rear alum sprocket

and a bunch of "no go fast" parts and some weight savings

I was thinking of getting the:

+4mm stroker kit and a 41mm FCR

or maybe

big bore and the stroker kit, and hold off on the 41mm

(edit: are all these 41mm fcr's the same? can i just swap the intake housing and jetting for the drz? i can get a fcr 41mm from a buddy that had it on a xr650)

EDIT:

i have been doing some research and i think i should look into some springs and retainers, i really do beat the bike pretty good and i am constantly at high Rpm's, with my cams and all, i think i should get some advise on this. it will take a good chunk if change though for no power gains.

also do i need adjustable cam plates with a stroker kit?

you guys tell me what you think. i will do all the labor myself, and i have already rebuilt my buddies SM motor, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I just love the way this bike rips and i want it to rip even harder, these things should be illegal there so much fun, i literally haven't driven my gsxr1000 since i got the SM last September all stock.

Edited by Turbophein

You could get some of the new Yosh parts I've been drooling over!

You could get some of the new Yosh parts I've been drooling over!

like what, i have a few goodies now, are you talking about there stroker and BB kits?

i have yoshi exhaust, cams, throttle linkage, a/f screw

SSW/MRD Exhaust would be nice !

def is a nice exhaust but i have the yoshi, so i can't see spending the money on that instead of something else. the most it will add with my setup as of now is maybe 1hp from what i seen on dyno charts posted. i would gain more with a BB or stroker for the same money or cheaper. but yes the MRD is on the future list of mods. thanks for the reply