Sign in to follow this  

07 450xcw exhaust

is there anything i can do to the exhaust to open it up. it looks like its just a spark arrester in there but just checkin if there were any mods?

There is a little restrictor pipe that can be cut out to make the muffler like the 06 and older units.

Do a search. Has been posted many times.

The XC-W does not have the restrictor like the DOT street legal EXC's do and as such are just like the older models. These exhausts are plenty free breathing as is and just quiet enough to be tolerable. My advice would be, don't mess with a good thing. Remove the screwed in sieve plate at the end if it has one, as the exhaust has a built-in internal free breathing Krisman spark arrestor.

i took it apart and its a turbine style spark arrester. i didnt know if there was a plug like the exc

if there is it would be in the cap you removed. you will see the nipple the sticks down into the muffler will have a smaller end that restricts the opening size. but i dont think the 07 xcw model has it.

if you look at the JDjetkits web site, they have a full list of dyno tests of the stock exhaust and the fmf and akro...no point spending hundreds of dollars on an upgrade that will not give any performance boost. just more noise...no point