KTM 200 for goat trails??

Thinking about building a specific lightweight trail bike. Knarley goat trail type stuff. I have a WR450 and love it but it can be a bit of a handfull in this certain area we ride. I'd love to keep the WR and have a lighter bike for this area. I've done a little research and think the 200 might be the ticket with a Rekluse. Any other ideas or would this work?

Thinking about building a specific lightweight trail bike. Knarley goat trail type stuff. I have a WR450 and love it but it can be a bit of a handfull in this certain area we ride. I'd love to keep the WR and have a lighter bike for this area. I've done a little research and think the 200 might be the ticket with a Rekluse. Any other ideas or would this work?

YES, it can be set up easily to work very well in that terrain. The tighter, more technical, the better. Rekluse is optional, but would only make things easier. I have read that the Rekluse works better in the bigger bikes due to their increased bottom end, but I am sure it works well with the 200. I consider my 200 a mtn goat.

A few things that help:

Gnarly pipe,

Trials tire

FWW

these really help and anything else is icing on the cake.

It has perfect power for what you speak of, not too much to spit you off the trail and good bottom end grunt for getting the job done.

Get a ride on one if you can. All the KTM 2 strokes can be set up to perform well, but there is something about a 209 lb mtn goat of a bike that almost picks itself up. hehe