Made a mistake yesterday...

haha, well, there was one thing I liked about it...the susp. IDK if anything has ever been done as far as revalving, and I only rode it across a field a couple of times, but I could tell instantly that is was smoother than mine. It was an 04 CRF250R.

didn't like the clutch, the engine.

...IDK how the susp works in true offroad conditions, but if it works as good...if there was a way to get that susp with my KTM, I'd be in heaven...

I too rode a Honda all day yesterday, but I think it was the best thing I've done in a while. I spent the whole time thinking about the 450 or 520 XC in my future, as soon as the old XR6er goes away ๐Ÿ‘

haha

I am thinking the newer KTM's are much better.

Yuck, I spent 5 months on a CRF250R and wish I could get them back! Sure the bike felt good and I felt smooth but guys that I normally would have to wait for a at intersections were able to keep me in there sights when I rode it. I would be tired from riding it and I was even riding slower, that bike took so much out of me to go fast. I've been riding a 125sx lately, I am going faster and not tired at the end of the day. Actually piloted my 125 to 5th in the open expert class today.

LOL, the ONLY thing I liked about was the susp. I am NOT a thumper type of guy. ๐Ÿ‘ Even though the engine had snap, it's nothing compared to my 200, especially since I took the FWW off recently.

I just noticed immediately how smooth the susp seemed.

I am hoping the newer KTM's are more like that.

It's just sad the Jap companies won't build a true offroad 2 stroke. If so, I could see myself riding one.

I have both a 06 200xcw and a 05 cr250, both used for woods only.

I love my 200 the way it is and very seldom come to the KTM forums because theres not really anything I want changed. It works great in the tight stuff and pretty good in the faster. Virtually stock with a slight rear re-valve by EE.

My cr is more my project bike. Slowly massaging it to behave like my KTM. It works great in the fast stuff and pretty good in the tights. In the tight stuff the suspension feels too stiff, but hopefully I will have it ironed out soon as I am re-shimming to mimic a crf250x (poor mans revalve).

Even in stock MX form though, the honda suspension works pretty dam good all around.

G, have you had your susp re-valved by someone other than you? A few guys can do magic on these KTMs, not too many can.

Yes, full revalve front and rear by a very reputable tuner. I really like the susp on mine. I think part of the difference I felt was it just being a 4 stroke, but it did 'feel' smoother, for the short time I rode it. The other being linked rear, there simply IS a difference. Not that I would trade what the 200 offers for offroad work, though. ๐Ÿ‘

The best way I can describe it is that it was like my bike had more stiction, vs the "smoother" action of the Honda. It has me thinking, that's for sure, but lack of funds pretty much keeps anything to just a thought. LOL

I have both a 06 200xcw and a 05 cr250, both used for woods only.

I love my 200 the way it is and very seldom come to the KTM forums because theres not really anything I want changed. It works great in the tight stuff and pretty good in the faster. Virtually stock with a slight rear re-valve by EE.

My cr is more my project bike. Slowly massaging it to behave like my KTM. It works great in the fast stuff and pretty good in the tights. In the tight stuff the suspension feels too stiff, but hopefully I will have it ironed out soon as I am re-shimming to mimic a crf250x (poor mans revalve).

Even in stock MX form though, the honda suspension works pretty dam good all around.

Yep, I have pretty well settled in with my 200. I just need to stay off other bikes, hehe.

well if you are not a thumper type of guy then you should look at a cr. Then you will feel like you cheated on your wife:smirk:

250's are more bike than I need or want, and it's a motocross bike. I am all about the right tool for the job.

I believe a newer KTM will solve the issue. lol

does it sound like I am trying to justify a new bike purchase? ๐Ÿ‘