new to getting suspension work.

i have a 2009 YZ250F and i weigh 184 lbs W/O gear. i was looking on the race tech website and the recommend a .440 Kg spring with stock being a .450 Kg. The website also recommended a 5.19 kg spring for the rear with the stocker a 5.3 kg. With that being said with the spring being slightly bigger would i be ok to stick with the stock springs and just go with a re-valve? what kind of benefits will i see from a re-valve? i ride mostly MX and the suspension seems to work pretty good as it is with some clicker adjustments, but i truthfully dont know a whole lot about suspension (sad i know lol) and i have read that suspension is the best bang for the buck mod(compared to exhaust and what not) thanks for you input!

03SVT,

What are your complaints with the forks? Are you bottoming? need a plusher ride? Get a race sag measurement. Look in your manual or do a search on how to obtain ideal race sag. Check your static sag, bike without rider measurement from axle to rear fender. Try to achieve 25mm to 35mm.

Its different from rider to rider, I like to achieve 100-102 mm race sag.

If your border line, I would stick with what you have for now.

Your are correct, suspension is the best mod you can get.

When your forks and shock are revalved, it should be plush but firm, able

to take big hits, stable and give you confidence to go faster.

Put your time into it and make a list of your complaints.

Hope this helps.­čĹŹ

when i originally rode the bike without any adjustment, the bike just didnt feel right, bike didnt feel like it wanted to get into corners right, it just felt unsettled so to speak(if that makes any sense) i went on the MXA website and read what the test rider (which weighed about the same as i did) setup the clickers. after doing that the bike felt 100 times better, it soaked up 80ft table tops pretty nicely, settled into corners well (the bike felt to soft at stock clicker settings) even if i came up short with the current clicker settings ( that i got from MXA) it wasnt as harsh and i dont believe i bottomed out. but i did come up short the other day and got tossed pretty hard so thats what got me looking to the suspension. i figured i was to heavy for the stock springs(which im not according to all the suspension calculators.) so i figured a revalve might have saved me lol and potentially save me when i do screw up lol.

One thing I would do is CALL them. Their Calculators are not always correct! I know this first hand. I would cross reference to other companies calculations and were youre at with the springs. Going to a softer spring from stock for someone your size on a 250F just doesnt sound right since most of the mfg's build bikes for guys weighing 160 to 175 pounds.

Joe

well given you feel the std setup is a little soft, i would not go for softer springs, your settings look inline with what you say, often most bikes are valved light on rebound hence your rebound is in from std, and as its soft so is your compression, i would not think you could get much better on the clickers as much more and it will just get harsher, not firmer, a revalve would give you more damping so you can run the clickers at 12/12

im going to be trekking to muskogee oklahoma next thursday to drop the bike off at factory connection so the can revalve and the will set my sag, they said my fork springs are good, but they are talking about going to a 5.2 spring instead of the stock 5.3 but were gonna check the sag and if the sag sets up right we will leave the spring alone.

got back from factory connection today, they had my bike in the shop by 10 and done by 1230. great group of guys. took the time to answer my questions and set the bike up right. first ride on it will hopefully be saturday depending on the weather. Highly recommend them!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
got back from factory connection today, they had my bike in the shop by 10 and done by 1230. great group of guys. took the time to answer my questions and set the bike up right. first ride on it will hopefully be saturday depending on the weather. Highly recommend them!!!!!!

How was the ride? What did you have done, and how much was the cost? Was it worth it?