Saturday's ride

With traveling to the desert the last three weeks for day trips and overnighters the drive was getting kind of old.I was supposed to be in JV this morning to meet some freinds but a little tired from work and yesterdays ride.

So yesterday Rhino roof, Chris and myself kept it local. I'm just gonna say it's one of those places that we really don't talk about. Outside of Hemet.Those of you who have ridden it will know what were talking about here.

Haveing never been there and it's only like 20 mins away it was a great idea for a Saturday afternoon jont. Ariving at the lower part of the second trail head about 2:30 and unloading we were riding by 3. If you Know what trail I'm talking about, we went up it the hard way with out knowing the trail. Those of you who know me, know this type of stuff is really not my cup of tea. So right out of the first hard right turn comes the first step up with Rhino in the lead and Chris rubbing Knobbies with him. Of course you know who was last. So rhino makes the turn pretty good for as tight as it was makes the step for the most part and flames out. With Chris so close to him he then rolls backwords searching for a piece of ground and tips over in Chris's direction and knocks him over. All though kind of funny I started to wonder what we had just started. Rhino's 470 is a pain to start so once he caught his breath he cleaned it, and Chris right behind him. I think I just clutched and walked up the stupid thing! From here on out there was a few more little step ups some rocks and really tight track. So here comes switch back # 2. We catch up with rhino who has all ready made the turn but sits bike off, lined up for a little step up follwed by a bunch of rock obstacles after word. We all catch our breath as Rhino tries to start the Red Beast which just inturn, just robbed him of his freashly caught breath. It's a little warm today, 80's. So Chris takes the lead, me behind as we let Rhino recoupe. From this point on the trail, it was really awesome with low brush cover and just enough obstacles to keep it interesting as we climed the Mountain. Chris stopped in the shade to make sure rhino was coming. When I stopped I didn't even know my clutch hand was there. It was numb.I finally got up enough strength to find somewhere to lean my bike over and rest. At this point we still don't hear rhino coming so we kick it in the shade and have some refreashments. About 20 mins later here comes Rhino blazing right past us trying to keep the wind in his face.I think his bike was hard to start again. So we carry on! From here the trail was real narrow with one side you did not want to fall down and plenty of rock obstacles and tight turns. It was awesome and a good work out.As we start reaching the top I could see the fire road and new we would soon be creasting. I was very warm and had arm cramps when this frickin Rock water fall step up you better miss this and that after/if you make it section shows up out of nowhere! Can you believe that?! Crap! I'm done! As we unlid and take a break all I was thinking about how to get up this thing. I have three options here. Try to ride it,clutch pop and walk or the easiest way is to ask the young 18 year old son to do it for me. I know what a wuss! No excuses but I was allready cramped up and did not want to break bike or bones. So here we go! Chris cleans it,Rhino cleans it and Chris cleans it on my bike with a little rear fender spot.I don't think that section is that bad if your not allready worked. I will try it next time.I think, as I sit here typing and not on the trail. So after everybody is up the w/fall there was a few more little rock sections and we hit the fire road.We were still a little tired and took another break. With the way the sun was in the sky and not knowing exactly what trail we had just ridden or what trail head we had passed coming up in the truck Down by the pavement. We talked about catching that trail towards the lookout,going back down the trail we just came up or circling back around to the trucks on the fire road. With the day getting late and cooling off in the shadows we took the fire road back to the trucks. Sorry guys, no pictures with as senseative as this spot is.To be truthfull I was too worked to pull it out of the back pack. I took 1 Picture of Chris at the big W/fall. Enjoy! Tight trails and thanks to my riding freinds.! Great weather,dirt still damp,some creek crossings and great freindship. 3 miles in 2 hours and the rest was fire road.Peace.

Edited by the white stallion
  • Like 1

Ya man that was one fun ride goin back out there soon to explore more for sure. Ive had some much other stuff going on in my life i really havent had a whole weekend or even Sat to get out and ride. Thanks James and Chris that was a great work out. Next time we wil have to go earlier and explore some more. I think it time to look at those valves the beast is hard to bring to life.