Sign in to follow this  

Chest protector

I'm new to this and need a chest protector, but don't really know what to get.

First off, does it really make a difference if it's men or womens?

And I have an omega neck brace, so what protector would fit with it?

I also looking for a body protector, I just couldn't decide which one would be better:

A roost guard, or a full body protector, like Dainese Wave.

Some of my friends say first, other say second is the better option for an mx rider.

25078.jpg

30722.jpg

Please disregard my Avatar. Usually speaking to guys on here.

My GF is looking into this right now. She is debating a chest protector or suit. She was looking at the Acerbis Koerta for a suit as it seems to offer a ton of protection and is CE approved. I'm SURE you know, but just in case you don't, keep in mind chest protectors for women are NOT the same as mens protectors. You need one's that have the chest room you need. With respect to the neck brace, they will usually say whether they are neck brace compatible when you look it up on a website. I wear a Thor Impact Rig and it works great. You forget it's on after a couple minutes. I had the 661 Vapor, but sold it due to the uncomfortable kidney belt (or lack thereof).

Please post up what you end up getting and how comfortable it is.

Good luck.

I also looking for a body protector, I just couldn't decide which one would be better:

A roost guard, or a full body protector, like Dainese Wave.

Some of my friends say first, other say second is the better option for an mx rider.

25078.jpg

30722.jpg

ha haaa...in the beginning i wore both types of protectors...i have a fox suit and a fox roost guard...wasnt too combursome and felt good safe in the beginning of the learning curve. only draw back was that there wasnt a lot of room for my neck brace (just a simpl roll) but i managed. i have been wearing just the roost guard lately and am enjoying the freedom of movement. womens roost guards are definitely different...👍😏...hee heee!

Try them on! I bought a used cp from a friend... it worked great for her, but I hate the fit, does not work for me. I've tried on several, and haven't found one I'm happy with yet. Close, but not quite. I'd rather ride without that in something that is going to be uncomfortable and distracting.

I wear a fox chest protector made for woman, they have the front room for the girls.

Go to a local store, if you have one and try some things on with your brace.

I wear a youth Shift chest protector. Not "big" in the chest, normal, and it fits just fine. I wear an EVS neck protector. The only problem I've heard about the full body protector is heat in the summer. Even though they're made with mesh, they seem to be warmer than just a regular chest protector. My problem is I'm so short, the full body ones don't fit, the back brace part is way too low.

I wear a youth Shift chest protector. Not "big" in the chest, normal, and it fits just fine. I wear an EVS neck protector. The only problem I've heard about the full body protector is heat in the summer. Even though they're made with mesh, they seem to be warmer than just a regular chest protector. My problem is I'm so short, the full body ones don't fit, the back brace part is way too low.

that was my experience as the temps started to rise...it was getting to be very hot to wear...as soons as i was comfortable with the riding i took it off...atleast for the summer. i might wear the full body protector again in the fall when the temps drop.

the womens fox roost guard in s/ml isnt too big if that is an issue, but is contoured nicely for our front ends! 👍

Have you tried Cycle Gear? They usually have a decent selection of stuff, although I havent been there in a few months.

Post up if you find anything good. I'm in Houston too & am starting to look.

I'll be sure to check there as well. Hopefully I can make a trip over there sometime soon. I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

** Disclaimer for women: Disregard my Avatar (lol) **

My gf tried the CG Superstore where we live and the selection is no better. Tons of CP's for men, but only 2 for women. You either have to wear the gay looking stuff they stock in the stores or order something and hope it fits. I hope you have better luck than we've had. :/

Need your help?

661 Pressure Suit, Thor Impact Rig or EVS BJ 33 would be the better choice?

Need your help!

Please help me, I have to decide it as soon as possible!

Need your help?

EVS-bj22_UltraX.JPG

Go661Pro%20pressure%20suit%20front_0.jpg

661_evo_pressure_suit_10.JPG

661_vapor_pressure_suit_10.JPG

So, which of the above four suits?

Pressure suit will be hot in summer, but I plan on getting one in the fall. I have a Fox CP for women. Its fine while I'm riding, I guess cuz I'm not really thinking about it. But when I stop I feel it putting pressure on my bony shoulder blades. Btw, CycleGear will order something in for you to try. At least the one in Vegas does for me.

I have a fox chest protector however it's not the women's one. I have a pretty large chest (36D) and have never had any problems with discomfort. I would see if you can possibly have someone order one in for you to try like Desertjul suggested.