Sign in to follow this  

California GT OHV Volunteer report: zoo quads, lost idiots & the new Bigbob Highway to Heaven

We had a 7-8 volunteers at Georgetown today working on route 1, the new route 1, not the old switchback trail. Here we are making my new Bigbob easy going highway! I designed the rocks and dirt fill. Do you like it? tough turkey if you don't. The guys who volunteer get to make the rules! up above my area the main crew worked on that sheer drop zone, two riders came down and said it was like a highway up top too! 🤣👍

rock base

trailrepair3-2-10001.jpg

more rock and dirt

trailrepair3-2-10004.jpg

• Like 2

so after working I come back down to rock creek road and there is about 16 riders, two large groups, 8- 10 quads, fat girls, children and some dufus honda CRF riders (typical honda clueless hotshots) leading this pack to nowhere, wondering if they can go up 1 with the quads? they all had came down 9 from mace mills then travelled on paved road to the place where Rock creek road and the trail 1 crossing is. They were saying they tried 3-1, but some quads were high n dry on that rocky entrance to 3-1 on those sharp rocks. 👍 I told them all turn around and go back to trail 9, all these trails are hard and skinny. They all sat there like I was full of it, then John Jue came over with a map and told them go back to trail 9 and then GO BACK TO FORESTHILL you moron quads

here is the final touches today on our work day

trailrepair3-2-10003.jpg

trailrepair3-2-10002.jpg

you have to go around the corner to see the final new Highway to heaven

trailrepair3-2-10005.jpg

I did go ride for 10 miles by myself saw about 6 groups. Total zoo out there today, but the dirt is golden loamy perfection!

Hey BigBob! Roxy and I were going to drive up to help out but I forgot to set the alarm.🤣 Good job on the trail fix! 👍

Aw. Thanks for working on the trails. Way to take all the challenge out of that one though!

Nice work guys, I still want to try George Town out, sounds like a fun area. Should have sent the quadtards to Prairie City and the fat one home for a little couch surfing. We definitely don't need those asshats at Foresthill either. Better yet Sand mountain might be the perfect spot for them. They can sit on their asses and race up a hill with the rest of the goons.

Since everything else is closed all the quads ended up at GT. We rode on Sun and only saw a couple of people out on the trails, but closer to Mace mill it was a zoo. GT SUCKS. Nice work on the trail BigBob.

Thanks for all your hard work Bob. That part of 1 will be much easier on the BMW now. Steve

some guy told me there is a guy on a HP2 that can run FH loop 6 in an hour?

less area, more people, more conflict, more quads were they shouldn't be.

Saw some quads yesterday on a trail they had no business being on out at Chappie.

Oh well we all need a place to ride and the signs at chappie don"t saw Moto only so....

so after working I come back down to rock creek road and there is about 16 riders, two large groups, 8- 10 quads, fat girls, children and some dufus honda CRF riders (typical honda clueless hotshots) leading this pack to nowhere, wondering if they can go up 1 with the quads? they all had came down 9 from mace mills then travelled on paved road to the place where Rock creek road and the trail 1 crossing is. They were saying they tried 3-1, but some quads were high n dry on that rocky entrance to 3-1 on those sharp rocks. 👍 I told them all turn around and go back to trail 9, all these trails are hard and skinny. They all sat there like I was full of it, then John Jue came over with a map and told them go back to trail 9 and then GO BACK TO FORESTHILL you moron quads

I saw that group too and was wondering why they were all parked there.

It's not like Rock Creek Rd is wide enough to have all these trucks parking

on it. I asked them if they were there to work on the trails and they didn't

have a clue, then I found John Jue and he told me where the guys were working. Yeah, I was late getting there but better late than never, I guess.

Even after smoothing out that rock stepup, I might be a little hesitant to ride

that trail going up. I've come down it before and even that was a little tricky

on my tank... I mean Husky. Jerry

I did go ride for 10 miles by myself saw about 6 groups. Total zoo out there today, but the dirt is golden loamy perfection!

My group was with one of the herds at the zoo. My first time really riding GT and it was AWESOME! Too many people on 3, so we headed over to the other side via 3, 8, 9, and 10. Some outstanding and technically trying riding for our group (we're kinda green). We had our "oh f***" moment when we realized that our plan to return included the paved road and OHVs are not allowed. Tired, hungry and hearing the call of the beer, we headed back on 4 to 9. I think we did about 32 miles and 95% of it was singletrack. Sweet!

Agree with the quads. As we were getting ready to head out on the big loop a trailer with 4 giant utility quads was showing up and I just shook my head. After doing the three loop and understanding that it's pretty typical of what's offered, I knew they had hauled their fatness up there for nothing.

I don't have my map handy, but on our way from 3 over to 8, we rode some gnarly singletrack with major root step-ups and a tight, loose, rocky-with-a-coat-of-snot hairpin and the rest of the trail was 18 inches wide. This was labeled "intermediate"! 👍 We all made it, but damn!

All in all, a great day of riding at GT! Oh yea, and the dirt was spectacularly good!

I remember when BB said he was done and wouldnt help the FS do any work ever again, Kayaking was the wave of the future.

I succumbed to peer pressure and did 3 hours of work on one of my most favorite trails.

exxxcuuussssse meeee.

• Like 1

I think it's cool you helped repair the trail.

Hope it's not too easy to ride now.

Black Diamonds are a guy's best friend. 👍

I succumbed to peer pressure and did 3 hours of work on one of my most favorite trails.

exxxcuuussssse meeee.

You have no peers!👍

Black Diamonds are a guy's best friend. 👍

Bob prefers Green Dots, ...although he is very partial to Pink Hearts too.