Rear Airshock Problem

Hi everyone,

tryed to pump up the air shock on my Dr 350s (must have been fitted by previous owner) and accidentally the air escaped, and I cannot pump it back up all the way, as my compressor only goes to 120psi. A friend has suggested trying to inflate it using a diving cylinder as they are normally pumped upto 3000psi. Any suggestions? Anyone done this before?

👍

Hi everyone,

tryed to pump up the air shock on my Dr 350s (must have been fitted by previous owner) and accidentally the air escaped, and I cannot pump it back up all the way, as my compressor only goes to 120psi. A friend has suggested trying to inflate it using a diving cylinder as they are normally pumped upto 3000psi. Any suggestions? Anyone done this before?

👍

Air shock? What kind of air shock? How would you know what kind of pressure to put in it?

Are you sure it isn't the stock shock? The stock rear shock has a reservoir with a shrader valve. It is supposed to be filled with nitrogen at about 150 PSI. Any good shop or any shop that does suspension work can refill it.

Ok Guys thanks. Not a Redneck!!! European.

Not going to fill it with a dive tank, thats why i thought i'd check 1st !!!

Spoke to the local bike shop and they are doing it for me, its Gas they say! (probably Nitrogen)

Dont have much history on the bike, and dont know if the shock is stock or not.

Thanks anyways

OK! Yes, that is indeed an air shock. Going by the blue color, it's a Fournales.

To pump it up, go to a bicycle shop and buy a mountain bike shock pump - it's a very small pump and will easily do 250 psi. Should be about $35 usd.

If it is leaking, they're quite cheap to rebuild. Internals are more like a fork than a shock.

A 12v compressor will only do about 80 psi, maybe, and only if it's a good pump.

You need a minimum of 175 psi in that thing, probably more.

Just beg borrow or steal a mountain bike pump -- a bicycle dealer might even pump it up for you for free.