cheap Ebay carb works

Finally got around to installing he cheap ebay vm 24 I bought in January on my sons 125. It is now a different bike. Starts cold with a bump of the starter, warms up quickly. Putting around the yard in 2nd gear I hit the gas (Iam 185lbs) and it stood up with me. I am still dialing it in properly (it bogs a little when you hit the throttle from idle) but it is running better than it ever has.

Is this the type (i.e. roundslide) you purchased?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MIKUNI-VM24-ROUNDSLIDE-CARBURETOR-HONDA-CRF50-CA18_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53d7d520d7QQitemZ360103354583QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

On this unit, it looks like the choke would be on the left side, requiring some hand-gymnastics through the frame to open it. Same for setting the idle speed, although that is less of a concern.

thats the one. the choke is not bad, and is only needed for a few seconds. The idle is easy to get to with a phillips head (it is a knurled bolt with a phillips head slot). The fuel screw is a pain to get to, but less so than the one I drilled out on my 230. You will have to drill out the cap where the throttle cable goes through. I drilled mine tight ane eased it out eith a file until it fit.

Ok, thanks. I'm familiar with the VM24, as a variation of this carb is on my son's 65.

We're about 800' above sea level (Atlanta), I've found that below 60 degrees is where I need to go up one size on the pilot or (if you don't want to dive into the carb trackside) lower the clip on the needle one position. Of course, every bike is different, but I thought I'd throw this in as you may need to richen it up a tad to get rid of the bog you're experiencing.

Hope this helps,

Phil