Couple questions, Help!

1- Should i be running synthetic oil in my 2010? what are the advantages, or disadvantages?

2-What are your guys thoughts on a remap by eddie, will i have a noticible improvments? and what was the turn around time for that? Im in maryland

3- Im torn between getting a full stainless exhaust for my bike or just leaving it stock? What do you guys think?

Any help is greatly appriciated!! thank you!🤣👍

I run a semi synthetic with 0 problems. Eddies map will surely make a noticeable improvement, call or PM him for turnaround, but I'll bet he gets it out the same day he receives it, depends on how much you want to spend for overnight shipping. Stock pipe is good for me, but Yosh makes a good improvement over stock, figure that out before you decide on the remap.

I run regular honda gn4 oil. It has an MA rating which means its plenty good. They all get dirty so it really just comes down to how much you change it I think. This stuff is the cheapest at the shop to. I dont like how it works in my tranny as I found it doesnt shift that well. The motul synthetic tranny oil works better for me in my 2010. In my 06 I didnt have any shifting problems with it gn4 though. Synthetic maybe better but its 2x as much.

Yosh full system made a big difference on 2010. It is a worthy upgrade for the bottom and mid. Top is the same or not any better than stock.The power curve actually feels like the dyno sheet looks. I bought the stainless as well. TI's to much money for me.

Now that I got the pipe and removed my air filter screen and got some fire resistant twin air air filters. I would like to get it mapped. I can kind of feel like the bike with the pipe is not running perfect. Like it could be cleaned up with mapping.

NTD makes all very good points. I have a 2007 CRF250R and run Thumper Synthetic oil in the motor and Gear Saver in the training. I like it and think it runs very well. However, like NTD stated, it really come down to how much you change your oils. I change the motor oil after every ride (approx. 5 hours). The training can go much longer before changing (10/15 hours).

As far as the pipe goes. I started a thread a month ago asking the same question about my 07 CRF. I had an 04 CRF250R before this 07 and it had a Yosh full system on it. It ran like a bat out of h***. It was a really loud system though. The guy before me shortened the muffler to gain more low end which added to the loudness too. But, it was a good system.

With that said, most of the replies I got (even Eddie chimed in and agreed) seem to like the MRD system the best for the FCR's. Dave over at MRD makes them by hand and can custom produce the power cure where ever you want it. Plus, the system really looks cool!!!

If you go with a after market exhaust system I would recommend looking at a JD jetting solution and doing the air box mod as well.

Hope that helps, bro!!

Edited by motodogg01