DRZ problems (lacking power)

I have an 09 DRZ 400 SM with a 434 big bore (nothing special) and stage one hot cams with a hole cut in the airbox. there is a noticeable differance in power but not what i was expecting, my 03 LTZ 400 with a yoshi RS-3 slip on k&n filter and air box lid and a jet kit with easily over 3000 very hard kms on makes WAY more power. so much more that before we tore the motor down because of a cracked case we thought it had to have had more work done to it than the 4 simple bolt on performance parts. what i am basicly saying is, does the jet kit and pipe really make the differance with these bikes? at the moment i am very dissapointed with these mods. i am also looking at getting a FCR carb for it but dont want to spend the money on something thats going to make a very minor performance gain, same with the pipe.

I did some basic mods, 3x3, K&N, JD jet kit w/ 160 main, Brisk Plug & MRD so less then $600 worth based on Eddies recomendations and it puts me up near 40hp, which is a HUGE improvement over stock.

I can't help but think that your mods are doing less then they could if you were not choking them off through your stock pipe. Whats the point of the airbox mods, cams, and BB if you can't get the increase in air out the other end?

i did rejet with a 155 outta the jet kit i had for my ATV it was better but still not what i was expecting, from what i am hearing is that i should just skip getting the jet kit for the stock CV carb and go straight to the FCR? , i went to yoshi's web site and the dyno charts and it claims 1 hp combined with the jet kit... 750$ sounds like alot of money to pay for 1 h/p but if you guys are saying that what will make the differeance i will deffinaly look into it.

Simply doing the 3x3, full exhaust and rejetting the stock carb on my otherwise stock DRZ made a huge difference in power from just off idle all the way to the rev limiter. The addition of a properly jetted FCR to your BB and cammed DRZ will make it feel like a completely different bike!

Jet your carb, Its basically saying "heres more air", but your not giving it the extra fuel... . Jetting the stockers better than nothing! And your BB kit and mods will be a TON more noticable with a good exaust system, Buy one even used if you can find one!