CS oil leak

Is the sprocket loose? If so tighten it up and pull the chain off. Now, with the engine in neutral try turning the sprocket by hand. Does it turn smooth? No excessive drag? Then you should be able to replace the seals and spacer and be good to go.

• Like 1

I'm about to tackle the same problem but i'm having trouble finding the part number for the necessary items (seal, etc). Could someone link the numbers or page from the TT store please.

Thanks

I read the post that was linked up on this thread and I saw no reference to the oil leak in question.

The oil leak is often part and parcel with the CS sprocket being loose. The first step in repairing the oil leak is to check for damage to the second gear bushing. If that is ok then you can move on to repairing the leak. Check the spacer for pitting or wear or other damage and replace the seals.

I read the post that was linked up on this thread and I saw no reference to the oil leak in question.

The oil leak in question is from the counter shaft seal, the link posted is in reference to the countershaft seal.. hence, they are directly related.. And better yet,, The write up helps a reader understand not only what but why. Knowledge is power..

For those looking for the simple answwer... take it to your dealer and pay them to replace the leaking seal. P;lus ho[pe they have a clue and check the condition of the countershaft, bearing and bushing. Then once you have it back, take it all apart again and do the loctite fix..as most dealers will not.

?

I'm about to tackle the same problem but i'm having trouble finding the part number for the necessary items (seal, etc). Could someone link the numbers or page from the TT store please.

Thanks

May want to add 2 each screws to your list. The seal retainer screws are often damaged by home wrenches when being removed.

SEAL, DRIVE SHAFT OIL

09283-30053

SPACER, ENGINE SPROCKET

27531-29F00

O RING (D:2.5,ID:21)

09280-21008

BOLT, RETAINER (6X14)

09126-06007

Ooook, I still see no information on how to replace the "second gear bushing" or the "counter shaft seal". How do I go about doing that?

1)seal- remove seal,replace with new.

2) second gear bushing- remove motor from frame.completely disassemble motor.replace bushing.reverse the procedure.

the goal with keeping the nut tight is to avoid #2 for obvious reasons.

My engine had a small leak and I did the Tinactin powder test yesterday, but I must have used a bit too much of it, because there was no leaks or drips when I checked. All that powder absorbed it all ?

However, later I was able to spot a slight discoloration under the sprocket area.

Quick question: Do you need to drain the oil, or perhaps lay the bike on its side, before replacing the seal and the spacer?

My engine had a small leak and I did the Tinactin powder test yesterday, but I must have used a bit too much of it, because there was no leaks or drips when I checked. All that powder absorbed it all ?

However, later I was able to spot a slight discoloration under the sprocket area.

Quick question: Do you need to drain the oil, or perhaps lay the bike on its side, before replacing the seal and the spacer?

leaning the bike to the right some against a wall will let you replace it without draining the oil.