XR400 Gas Tank Cap on Clarke?

The Clarke Cap is interchangeable with the stock XR250R/ XR400R/ XR650R caps.

IMS uses a different cap BTW.

Coincidentally the Clarke caps suck IMO. I've had two seals shred and one vent nipple crack. This has always puzzled me because the rest of the tank is high quality, no issues.

Perfect, my buddy just got a IMS on his DRZ...... Seems like they have some lack of perfect manufacturing..... Doesnt sit right on the bike, and had to make spacers for the radiator fins... I think im going with clarke.

ALL of them use the same tank for as many models as possible. Not going to have a custom fit for every bike.

Clarke is no better than IMS in any way.

ALL of them use the same tank for as many models as possible. Not going to have a custom fit for every bike.

Clarke is no better than IMS in any way.

I disagree. I've installed the XR250L Clarke, KTM450 Clarke, XR400 Clarke and DRZ400 Clarke. Each tank was designed specifically for that make and model, right down to having indents for decomp cables, triple clamps, frame bosses, attachments for seats, etc. Clarke takes everything into account on each individual bike, the fitment is as good as stock IMO.

I can't speak for IMS except that I thought the caps were different because my buddy had an IMS on his XR650R and he gave me his stock 650R cap to use on my Clarke when my cap broke. He couldn't use it as a spare because he said it didn't fit the IMS.