What size rear tire for my 250

I need a new tire on the front and rear. The front I will keep stock but want a slightly wider rear. The rear on the bike now is a 110/90r19 if I went a 120 would that be wider? Any downsides to a slightly wider rear? I just want a little more bite as the rear seems to spin excessively more often then not. What size are you running on your 250's?

Wheel spin is the name of the game!!! No matter what you get you're gonna get some wheel spin on a 250 pinger. Which tire to get is going to depend on what kind of riding you do... but sticking with the stock size or going with a 120 isn't going to make much of a difference. The real difference would be switching to an 18" rear and a 140-80...and a trials tire will get rid of your wheel spin problem. Look around, some companies carry a 19" trials tire.

I have no idea regarding a 250 but I do know that when I went to a 120/100-18 from a 110/100-18,the tire would rub my silencer upon hard landings.Eliminated that by going back to the 110.

Jeekinz-thanks for making me remember that I too need to experiment w/the front tire.I recall this past weekend ride and the front tire finally making me take notice that it is time to replace even though there is still some tread. I just happen to have a kenda southwick hanging around-