Sign in to follow this  

02 cr125 problem!

Ok ever since i got the bike rebuilt in october its just hasnt been the same, one thing happens after another. it will only run right for like 10 min and something goes wrong. Yesterday i went riding and it started bogging alot like when i would give it some throttle while stopped or if i wasnt in the powerband it felt like it was cutting out, now it doesnt want to start at all and when i kick it sometimes it back fires like a 4 stroke, i replaced the plug and it still doesnt want to start, im thinking its carb problems but not sure, let me know what you guys think,

Thanks.

Whats the jetting? Is it jetted for elevation, riding conditions? Clean the carb, all jets and passages. Air filter clean? What ratio are you running. Lot of spooge? Is the power valve cleaned and not gummed up? Good spark? Might be a crank seal, check the tras lvl

Check the ground wire for the cdi box make sure whatever it is attached to is tight. Check the flywheel key, make sure its in there and still square. If the stator was off look to see if it is "timed" in the same spot and bolts are tight (if the stator is loose it will run like you say).

i cleaned the air filter, carb, jets and all the ports and im running 32:1 i havent messed with the jetting but it ran fine with the same jets that are in it before.

clean the carb and blow out the jets .......

Who rebuilt the motor?

what was done?

have you asked them about it?

when it was rebuilt a whole new topend was done and bottom end was disassembled to make sure there was nothing from the old piston down in there and it was done by a local shop that does great work on 2 strokes and ive cleaned carb and jets and nothing but the spark is smaller than usual when i checked it