Spoiler Alert: Dallas Lites Main

Shouldn't that race been red flagged with so many guys going down in the first corner?

No need since the hometown boy made it thru clean? ๐Ÿ‘

I think it probably should have. I'm guessing it is a matter of the riders being able to get back on the bikes and take off before traffic comes back around? It certainly made for an interesting race though and an unexpected winner.

the red flag is for an injured rider that makes it unsafe to race. or race conditions that make it impassable. the crash was off the track pretty much. had NOTHING to do with who made it through! thats part of racing! plus when the field (of 4) riders that weren't in the crash made it back through there most everyone was up and going! no red flag needed!

it certainly made for an interesting race though and an unexpected winner.

you can't take that ride away from him. he was flying.. maybe it was just cause he was up front that put the spark under him... but he held it for 15 and made a pass! avoided a charge from barcia! and cried like a baby for his first ever win! ๐Ÿ‘ i for one am glad he won! he earned it with the turn of events! would i pick him to win every week? no! but im still glad he won!

So who was the lapper doofus in this one? It would have been real tight at

the end if not for him....seems like it is every race these days....

I understand what you're saying and it can be frustrating to see the lappers get in the way but we have to realize that these guys are racing for position too.

Every extra position is a few more points and a few more dollars in their pocket. These guys are trying to make their livelihood out there and its tough to slow down when you are racing for position because you never know if the guy your racing is going to slow down too.

It sucks but its just racing.

So who was the lapper doofus in this one? It would have been real tight at

the end if not for him....seems like it is every race these days....

The lapper did nothing wrong, he slowed and pulled over to the side, unfortunately Sipes misread the lappers planned line and got squeezed.

the red flag is for an injured rider that makes it unsafe to race. or race conditions that make it impassable. the crash was off the track pretty much. had NOTHING to do with who made it through! thats part of racing! plus when the field (of 4) riders that weren't in the crash made it back through there most everyone was up and going! no red flag needed!

ok, thanks for clarifying.

Not jumping on the band wagon but it did look like the guy ran him high. Intentional or not it took Sipes out of it. Baggett may have passed him anyhow but that sealed it.

Edit- Upon further review the flaggers were watching the race and not flagging and T Wharton didn't look like he was aware of them coming by.

Edited by Hut

Maybe I dreamed this but didn't it used to be a rule that if half the field or more went down in the first turn the race was restarted? It's a very uncommon occurrence but I though that used to be a rule? Maybe it was just a local/amateur rule? Or maybe I dreamed it like I said earlier?

The lapper did nothing wrong, he slowed and pulled over to the side, unfortunately Sipes misread the lappers planned line and got squeezed.

Agreed. Wharton was damn near riding on the tuff blocks and Sipes just tried to go where there was no room. Couple that with lackluster flagging and I can't put any blame at all on Wharton.

I know its all a part of it, I just wanted to see a good finish...

Is it me, or are all these supercross tracks pretty much hard-pan now?

Maybe I just didn't notice before, but, by the time the finals

roll around they may as well be racing on concrete...

Maybe I dreamed this but didn't it used to be a rule that if half the field or more went down in the first turn the race was restarted? It's a very uncommon occurrence but I though that used to be a rule? Maybe it was just a local/amateur rule? Or maybe I dreamed it like I said earlier?

I'm with ya Maddog. I can't remember specific races, but I seem to remember races being restarted when similar things happened.

I know its all a part of it, I just wanted to see a good finish...

Is it me, or are all these supercross tracks pretty much hard-pan now?

Maybe I just didn't notice before, but, by the time the finals

roll around they may as well be racing on concrete...

It's Texas. Steers, queers....and hard pan.