Chain for the 450x

I recently bought a new DID MXV? O-ring chain and I realized that it is wider than the stock O-ring chain. When I put it on the bike I noticed that the inside of the chain was dangerously close to the case and I decided not to use the chain. Buying the stocker was the next most logical thing to do but the price on the stock one from the Honda dealer is absolutely outrageous.:?: So I guess my question is what do you guys use for an O-ring chain that is as narrow as the stock chain?

I just quit using O-Ring chains all together , i run a DID Gold non Oring and dont have to worry about it

You can get a offset sprocket , it will give the safety room you are looking for , some people dont like them because they say it puts the front to rear out of alignment , but i have not really seen any issues come from using the offset front from anyone that i know of and i have used them myself and didnt really notice anything that would cause concern or alignment issues

But for a narrow chain , all brands should have one , including DID , just have them look in the book where it shows the code like your MXV and it will say what the dimensions are , then just measure the stock chain and look in the books for the closest one !

I just quit using O-Ring chains all together , i run a DID Gold non Oring and dont have to worry about it

Don't waste your money on a non o-ring chain. They are a complete waste of money as they wear out very quickly.

Check out crfsonly.com for the T-ring chain but if you do some searching you should be able to find the t-ring chain for a reasonable price. crfsonly also sells a clip style master link if you don't like rivets.

You can also buy a fastways spacer for the front sprocket if you choose to run a normal o-ring chain.

Don't waste your money on a non o-ring chain. They are a complete waste of money as they wear out very quickly.

Check out crfsonly.com for the T-ring chain but if you do some searching you should be able to find the t-ring chain for a reasonable price. crfsonly also sells a clip style master link if you don't like rivets.

You can also buy a fastways spacer for the front sprocket if you choose to run a normal o-ring chain.

Really ??

My DID Gold lasted over 2 years and about 1,800 miles , if you keep the chain lubed and adjusted properly it will last as long or longer than any O-Ring chain , the chain was about $80 and outlasted the $100 O-Ring Chain i replaced (EK)

A $30 non O-Ring or O-Ring cheap generic chain will stretch and not last the year , but a quality chain will last just fine !

Thanks I would run a standard chain but they wear out much faster. $100 is better than the $150 for the stock replacement. What kind of masterlink does the RK chain have?

Rivet Style... however, I install the chain with an RK Clip Style.

And you can find the GB520EXW for about $85 all day long.

(my first link came up with this; http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/detail.asp?product_id=GB520EXW-120 for $87+)

• Like 1

Really ??

My DID Gold lasted over 2 years and about 1,800 miles , if you keep the chain lubed and adjusted properly it will last as long or longer than any O-Ring chain , the chain was about $80 and outlasted the $100 O-Ring Chain i replaced (EK)

A $30 non O-Ring or O-Ring cheap generic chain will stretch and not last the year , but a quality chain will last just fine !

Straight from the DID website

http://didchain.com/xring1.htm

http://didchain.com/specs.htm

Wear resistance index on DID 520 chains

non-o-ring chain 410

non o-ring ERT2 chain 430

o-ring chain 2350

x-ring chain 3220

t-ring chain 3060

Hard to argue with facts. If you care for any of the chains in the same way, an O, X or T ring chain will out perform a non 0-ring chain by roughly 5 times.