Changing Inner Tube??

any tips on how to change one on a xr100 that i just got? when i got it the tube and put it in my spoons put holes in it apparently.. I'm thinking of soapy water but it seems messy and shtuff

Edited by LittleSeanX

Changing an inner tube is fairly simple. Loosen the nuts on both the valve stem and the rim lock then unseat the bead on the tire. Pull one side of the tire off the rim then reach in there and gently pull the tube out.

Look on youtube, there is a great tutorial on Mx tire changing done by one of the dunlop guys, he makes it look effortless.

uhm whats a rim lock. if im aware enough the xr100 rim is just like a heavy duty bicycle rim. oh and im trying to change the front tire if that makes a difference.

Your bike might not have a rim lock. I know that the TTR125's don't have one on the front wheel. If your wheel doesn't have a bolt sticking out (usually on the oposite side of the valve stem) then you don't have a rim lock.

yea i noticed the back wheel has a rim lock but the front doesn't. and I tryed putting lots of air in it with a air compressor. but anyway im going to have this place called "tm2" do it for $35 10 for the tube and 25 to put it on... kinda expensive but whatever...

I just did both of the tires on my bike last weekend for the first time. The front was pretty easy. The back was a PITA, my neighbor had to come over and help me get the new tire on. I am blaming it on the el cheapo tire irons from harbor freight instead of my lack of talent. ๐Ÿ‘

It's not bad. At least you know it's done right and you have the motivation to learn to do it yourself next time.

Not sure what part of minnesota you're in. I'm in Red Wing and I ride trails with a really cool group of riders ranging from experienced racers to 9 year old kids and everything in between in case you're looking for a group.

I just did both of the tires on my bike last weekend for the first time. The front was pretty easy. The back was a PITA, my neighbor had to come over and help me get the new tire on. I am blaming it on the el cheapo tire irons from harbor freight instead of my lack of talent. ๐Ÿ‘

2 sets of spoons are a big advantage over just one set. Give it a try sometime.

Here is a link to some very good videos on changing tires and tubes, done by a Bridgestone tire tech at the Red Bud National:

There are a bunch more videos on youtube. It isn't that hard if you follow their directions, and then you will be able to deal with tire changes and flats with confidence the rest of your life.