crank case vent hose

I had it happen to me, so I rerouted and put the uni filter on it. My roomate bought a brand new 450 and ordered a filter for the breather right away but went on a trail ride in sandy conditons before it came. We pulled the breather tube off when we were done and looked in it, sure enough there was a little bit of sand that made it to the top. Checked another 250f that is stored at my house at first glance it looked clean but once I got it in some good light I could see some real fine sand getting real close to the top.

So I will definately allways have a filter on any of the bikes I own.

Google uni breather filter up123 and you should get a bunch of places you can get it from. The up123 is the part # for the 1/2 inch push in one, I'm 99% sure thats the one I ordered. I'll try and confirm tonight that its the 1/2 inch one and not the 3/8.

I think the real problem is it is routed right to the bottom of the bike and is in water and dirt ALL the time.....Just re-routing it higher up would greatly reduce the chance of inducing any dirt or water.....Inside the air box would be a good idea....

I have heard from a few ppl now to remount my crank case vent hose to inside of my air box, with issues of dirt getting up into the crank? has any one else heard of this?

I did it. Also routed 2 carb hoses into the air box as well.. Part of waterproofing a bike. Works great:thumbsup:

Do a search for waterproofing.. it should pop up.

Good Luck

Edit: Found it http://av-motorcycles.gotdns.com:9296/06YZ250F/swamp_proofing/index.html