Boyesen Quickshot on my 08?

IS the bog when you crack the throttle real quick, or off a hard landing? If it just does it on the stand when you whack the throttle, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My kids 08 has the adjustable leak jet and there's no bog to it at all.

IS the bog when you crack the throttle real quick, or off a hard landing? If it just does it on the stand when you whack the throttle, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My kids 08 has the adjustable leak jet and there's no bog to it at all.

ahm not really off jumps, its snappy but it could improve.

i just want to know what they do and if their really worth it because i can get one pretty cheap of someone i know (brand new) and i dont know if i should get one or not

from what i understand, the stock bowl only has one hole for fuel to enter and is known to run dry at initial take off causing bog, the quickshot has 3 holes to allow fuel in and its a bigger bowl. i had a bog in my 08 brand new and got a quickshot a week after buying bike and it signifagtly helped the bog, i then got a jd jet kit and installed per instructions and the bog is gone

On ya mate. I have one of these on the same bike. What I've done is set the AP squirt to just miss the slide when you blip the throttle.( Don't use full throttle, just a little bit. Otherwise you will fill the bike with fuel ) Adjust the leak jet to suit.( ride the bike for this job ) I find about 1 n a half turns out give or take maybe an 1/8 either way. I know boysen supplied you with that little tool but the above set up is better. I am running #42 pilot jet with adjustable fuel screw about 1 1/5 turns out aswell.

P.s You will have to take the sub frame off to check the squirt and on the side off the carb take the plastic cover off to get at the AP screw. Also I find when you almost ready to pull sub frame off grab some pliers and pull the rubber tab on the air boot on the bottom of the carb. Comes off way easier that way. Cheers.?

I just threw in a 50 leak, my dealer only had 40, 50, and 70(stock) listed, and started with a 175 main, also have the 172 and 178. Bog is completely gone from that combo around sea level and 60 degrees.