Sign in to follow this  

cr85rb

hey fellas im looking at pickin up a 03 cr85rb ive always had a bike or 2 around mostly 125's or 250's a few years back i got rid of em all to make room for my kids toys well they r geting big enuf to go ride with them so i picked up a 03crf50 a few years back and a 90cc pit bike well my kid is now riding the pit bike so i can't stay with em on the crf50 so i was lookin at this cr85rb was just wondering what issue's these have or things that may need upgraded are they as reliable as a honda cr125? also is $600 to much for a 03 it has fresh crank and topend with reciepts to prove it but the wheels bearings, swingarm bearings, linkage bearings and stem bearings are shot along with the rear shock it's like riding a pogo stick 👍

any and all advise is welcome:thumbsup:

Their reliable, if its maintained, just like any other bike. Especially if the bottom & top end are done WITH recipts. But the 85s engines work a lot harder, more harder than a 125 engine. If he bike is jetted right, and using a good quality 2t oil, it will last a while, especially if you do the top ends regularly. 600$ is nota bad price for a 03'85. I would jump on it. On 85s, top ends dont last as long as 125s. But last a while if trail riding

Chasing the kid around on his 90cc with a CR85 might not be the easiest thing to do. While the CR80/85 are fairly bullet proof they sure DO NOT like to be lugged around following a kid on his 90cc. They like to be on the pipe in the high RPMs. These bikes have almost zero low end. While you can weight the flywheel and port and stroke etc, they will still be a bit of a light switch. Either all on or all off.

You might want to concider a CRF150F, 230F or even a TTR125L. I've had all 3 and all are good chase the kids around bikes. Another smaller 2-stoke option might be a KX100. My neighbor just bought one and it has a pretty strong low end. Doesn't have the "hit" of the CR80/87s

Good luck . . .