14/44 combo, how many links??

I ask this, cause I just installed this combo, and was sent a chain with 112 links...which I thought was right. I originally got a 15T front, but went back to a 14T front so I could fit and not have to trim down, the Topar Chain guard. I installed the 14T front yesterday, and when I went to adjust the chain..its already around( one click before) the "6" on the adjuster things. Chain has maybe 50 miles on it?

This is on a 2000 Kicker 400.

Obviously I know I can just take a link or two out and replace the master(rivet on now..came with kit)...but just curious how many links I should have with a 14/44 combo????

Thanks for all the help. ­čĹŹ

I run 14/44 with the stock 112 link chain on my S. Did you count the links?

No, I wish I did. That is my suspicion....they sent my chain with more than the 112 they wrote on the chain box. It was sprocketcenter.com...so I took for granted they had cut the chain to the correct length. I'll confirm whether or not that is the issue soon.

Where do the adjusters normally start out at with a new chain and that combo?

I don't have the bike here to look at but if I remember correctly with the 14/44 on my street wheels the adjuster is ~1/3 from the end and when I have 14/47 dirt wheels on it is ~1/3 from the other end of the snail adjuster. The stock 15/44 was somewhere close to the middle of the adjuster.