41mm Carb Questions

If it has a removable air bell intake for the air box it will bolt on .

Is it a fcr or a fcrMX ?

it does have the removable air bell yes.

i think its just a fcr 41mm... the MX has the black plastic throttle cable housing correct?

so this will work for me then. great

Depends of which mods you have done to the engine.

If you don't have a big bore / stroker and ported cylinder head , your bike will be worse than with the 39mm..

thanks for the reply guys, no i will not be running this carb yet, but i also don't want to buy it if it didn't fit. i have another buddy who wants my fcr39 so it will be a pretty much even swap the 39 for the 41. i started another thread asking what my next mod should be, asking whether i should do a BB or stroker. i am also porting & polishing my head so this carb will come into play real soon.

here is the link https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887916

also here is my build thread for everything i did.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821079

you will gain a little top end power with the 41 as long as you at least do a BB,cams,mrd/ssw pipe but you will loose bottom end.the 39 works better for most aplications.if you plan on doing the full stroker,BB and the rest of the go fast stuff then the 41 will work better.if your riding dirt, stay with the 39 regardless of what your doing but if doing supermoto then go with the 41

you will gain a little top end power with the 41 as long as you at least do a BB,cams,mrd/ssw pipe but you will loose bottom end.the 39 works better for most aplications.if you plan on doing the full stroker,BB and the rest of the go fast stuff then the 41 will work better.if your riding dirt, stay with the 39 regardless of what your doing but if doing supermoto then go with the 41

i have this now:

FCR 39mm Older Style Slant Body (eddie's jetting specs)

Yoshimura Cams

E model Airbox, intake manifold, & CDI

K&N Filter

Yoshimura Exhaust (older dirt model with a Fat Header)

MCCT

Vortex rear alum sprocket

and a bunch of "no go fast" parts and some weight savings

if i buy a BB, will my fcr39 still work for me with my current mods? but i know i want to stroke it eventually... thats why i figured i would go with the 41mm and a BB for right now and maybe the stroker next winter.