corvallis/eugene

hey,

i got accepted into OSU and i am from new jersey, i cant WAIT to get out of here!

I was just curious how the track in albany is? I just got back from the oregon a few days ago as I went to go look at the school and saw the track.

I googled what tracks were in Oregon but alot of the tracks websites that i visited had little to no info on them or they were no longer websites..

I am mostly looking to ride moto, and would prefer legal areas to ride or ones that arent scrutinized by police. When I used to ride over here in NJ, I rode alot because I knew everyone who rode and knew all the spots...thats how it is here, lol.

i dont have a dirtbike atm but used to ride all the time in highschool. i will probably be living on campus for a year (in corvallis) then i will get a house. I might transfer to UO if i dont like it which is why i mentioned eugene in the title

how is the street riding in the area? i only got to spend time in portland, corvallis so i was on the I5 the whole time, so i didnt get to see any of the back roads.

I am hoping to be able to scrape enough money together so I can bring my f4i out there with me next year and get a dirtbike as well:ride:

thanks

Eugene will be night and day difference from Corvallis.... in terms of atmosphere and the type of town it is. I finally got out of Eugene myself. It was great for those college rebellious years, but I grew out that. It's a very liberal/green type place. Not always a bad thing, but also not always a good thing.

http://www.albanymx.com/

I only went out to the MX track in Eugene once, which is about 12 or 15 miles out west of town. Nice area, facilities were a little dated, but if you check out youtube, you will find some videos of both of these tracks.

hey,

i got accepted into OSU and i am from new jersey, i cant WAIT to get out of here!

I was just curious how the track in albany is? I just got back from the oregon a few days ago as I went to go look at the school and saw the track.

I googled what tracks were in Oregon but alot of the tracks websites that i visited had little to no info on them or they were no longer websites..

I am mostly looking to ride moto, and would prefer legal areas to ride or ones that arent scrutinized by police. When I used to ride over here in NJ, I rode alot because I knew everyone who rode and knew all the spots...thats how it is here, lol.

i dont have a dirtbike atm but used to ride all the time in highschool. i will probably be living on campus for a year (in corvallis) then i will get a house. I might transfer to UO if i dont like it which is why i mentioned eugene in the title

how is the street riding in the area? i only got to spend time in portland, corvallis so i was on the I5 the whole time, so i didnt get to see any of the back roads.

I am hoping to be able to scrape enough money together so I can bring my f4i out there with me next year and get a dirtbike as well:ride:

thanks

There's TONS of great riding here in Oregon, both trail/track and street. Just like you in your NJ area where you being local, know all the good riding spots, some of us here in Oregon are lucky enough to have the same situation going here...

I happen to live right between UofO in Eugene, and OSU in Corvallis.

Send me a private message when you get here to Oregon, and I'll treat you to a dirtbike ride you'll never forget (yes, I have a loaner bike).

Oh, and the Albany Supercross track is a great place to ride motocross...lots of open practice days and enough races to make the racers happy...

Randy

There's TONS of great riding here in Oregon, both trail/track and street. Just like you in your NJ area where you being local, know all the good riding spots, some of us here in Oregon are lucky enough to have the same situation going here...

I happen to live right between UofO in Eugene, and OSU in Corvallis.

Send me a private message when you get here to Oregon, and I'll treat you to a dirtbike ride you'll never forget (yes, I have a loaner bike).

Oh, and the Albany Supercross track is a great place to ride motocross...lots of open practice days and enough races to make the racers happy...

Randy

Ah, I should of been alittle more clear..you gotta know someone in NJ to ride because EVERY spot is illegal aside from tracks or unless you have enough of your own private property. If you are riding in NJ, you ARE breaking the law, its ridiculous.

Thank you!! I will be sure to bring my gear with me!?

Go to U of O bud. It's fun. Just hope you have a strong discipline to do homework when needed there are lots of distractions lol... Florence is not that far away from Eugene. Albany is awesome.

I might transfer there if I dont like OSU, honestly, I just need to get the hell out of NJ.

Trust me, I pretty much failed out of highschool and was put myself through community college (working40 hours a week + full credit load). I went from being a punk kid who was getting in trouble all the time to a motivated and serious person whos determined to get his shit done. I get good grades because I bust my ass, not because im talented in anything other then being a good bullshitter?

I'm just lucky enough that my parents came through once they saw how good I was doing and they are helping me out by paying for my school, and I am very fortunate and I do whatever it takes to be the best I can.

i grew up in "Joisey" and moved here decades ago. your mindset as far as knowing people who know places to ride is not even an afterthought here. literally dozens of places to legally ride on public land with tens or hundreds of thousands of acres at a clip. i know there are only a handful of scattered tracts of woods to ride in there ( 50,maybe 100 acres for the most part) but here you just look up where to ride and go! you dont have to be part of a secret "in the know" crowd, just post up here and many will let you tag along until you become more familiar. i would definitely get out and ride the offroad/trail systems too because there is sooooo much of it available unlike NJ. You have been limited to track riding out there by necessity and lack of anything else but in OR you have way way more choices. just be careful about your offroad ability, especially at first because you can quickly find yourself in a heap of trouble if you aren't honest about your abilities. have fun!

Joe

Hello - I know the track off of I-5 in Albany is maintained well. There always seems to be stuff going on over there. I have watched races over there and its also open to the public with some sort of signed waiver. There are lots of places to ride around here. Enjoy.

Corvallis is a much smaller town and very much the sleepy college town. OSU is the better engineering school - beyond that I can't say.

Eugene is a much larger town and has much more activities if you like 'culture', but is still a small city compared to something like Seattle.

Both have great riding areas around them. I can't speak about MX tracks, but the hills are alive with good riding, especially out towards the coast, which Corvallis is a bit closer to.

hmm either coolege is good im pretty much inbetween the two i feel like you younger twing since you kind of explained the same situation that i'm in i'm willing to show you decent riding areas im near brush creek rod in Bville let me know whats up.

thanks:ride: ill be 22 by the time i get there..not sure if you're younger or older, lol. U of O is def alot nicer as far as the campus goes..

I used to have a 2001 cr250 ?

Corvallis is a much smaller town and very much the sleepy college town. OSU is the better engineering school - beyond that I can't say.

Eugene is a much larger town and has much more activities if you like 'culture', but is still a small city compared to something like Seattle.

Both have great riding areas around them. I can't speak about MX tracks, but the hills are alive with good riding, especially out towards the coast, which Corvallis is a bit closer to.

Yeah i know OSU is an engineering school, which is why I might transfer if it isnt good, I'm no engineer unfortunately though:lol: I do think its awesome they have a nuclear reactor though?

I really have my sights set on law school so im not TOO worried about which school is better, as all I need to do is get good grades and do good on the LSAT

Oh yeah, are there any jobs out in this area? I have a good resume for someone my age (have extensive warehouse/office/technical repair/service backgorund) and would like to get myself situated out there if i like it

Unfortunately ORegon has been hit hard. Most of the jobs are in the Portland area. I am trying for one in Eugene and I even tried for on in Grants Pass. I send my resume for jobs in the Portland area from time to time.

After college I had to move to the Seattle area to find a job - I might have even wound up in Calif. if not for a last minute offer from a Seattle employer.

In the last ten years or so, whenever I have been between gigs, I have sought employment in Oregon, but nothing yet. For my profession, there are about one tenth to one fourth the jobs, and about twice the competition due to the higher unemployment. Also, salaries are significantly lower - I have seen employers offering jobs at half what they go for up here. If I do get a job back in Oregon, I will most likely have to take a 30% pay cut - and the lower cost of living will not come anywhere close to making up for that.

Calif. is hit bad now too. Last I heard some areas had unemployment approaching 18%. Seattle is doing okay, but it is taking me longer than it should to find work and I know unemployment is higher than it ever was before.

I really have my sights set on law school so im not TOO worried about which school is better, as all I need to do is get good grades and do good on the LSAT

If you haven't already, then consider Willamette Univ. in Salem as they are primarily a law/poli. sci. school.

Unfortunately ORegon has been hit hard. Most of the jobs are in the Portland area. I am trying for one in Eugene and I even tried for on in Grants Pass. I send my resume for jobs in the Portland area from time to time.

After college I had to move to the Seattle area to find a job - I might have even wound up in Calif. if not for a last minute offer from a Seattle employer.

In the last ten years or so, whenever I have been between gigs, I have sought employment in Oregon, but nothing yet. For my profession, there are about one tenth to one fourth the jobs, and about twice the competition due to the higher unemployment. Also, salaries are significantly lower - I have seen employers offering jobs at half what they go for up here. If I do get a job back in Oregon, I will most likely have to take a 30% pay cut - and the lower cost of living will not come anywhere close to making up for that.

Calif. is hit bad now too. Last I heard some areas had unemployment approaching 18%. Seattle is doing okay, but it is taking me longer than it should to find work and I know unemployment is higher than it ever was before.

Yeah thats what I figured, its pretty rough out here too..I guess ill be coming home for the summers then if i cant land a job.

Damn economy!!

Albany is not a bad track, but it is all man made. So nothing natural there. Kind of like a SX track outdoor with longer straights. Depending on the week, the track can be boring, fun or just laid out something stupid.

If you want to ride the best track around, hit MountainView on a saturday or sunday. call and reserve the practice.

www.mtnviewmx.com

If you want to man up and hit a national track, than washougal.

Washington also has a lot of tracks within an hour drive of portland that are great:

Longview MX

Riverdale

Wards Creek

You can google all of them to get more info.