I Miss My DRZ!

I was dying to ride after not riding for the last three weeks. I am in the middle of a rebuild and usually ride 2 to 3 times a week riding single track. My mental state was in shambles so a friend of mine let me borrow his KDX220 to go riding for the day. I went with some other friends on a family day type ride.

It was so great to get out but I will say this. There is no replacement for the smooth power curve of the DRZ. The two stroke absolutely sucked when climbing hills and did not feel much lighter than my DRZ. After this expereince I realized I will never own a two stroke for trail riding. The KDX did start well and ran good. But was gutless compared to the DRZ. I guess I expected more out of a lighter bike but was dissapointed.

At least I got to ride and my DRZ will be ready this weekend as long as I don't run into any parts issues on delivery.

Everyone go hug your DRZ and tell her you love her.๐Ÿ‘

I feel ya, it sucks when you can,t ride and the weather is good. I find riding to be a great release, it helps you to live a little and forget about work, goverment, what ever frustrating you. The worlds a beautiful place when you ride.

Keep us update on you progress.

I know how you feel rock. I rode my buddies yz250 a few times and let me say it was nice to get out and ride. The YZ felt lighter but also was alot more jerky and rough and vibrated alot. Bottom end was gutless and then on top end just screamed. I like the smooth power of the DRZ or any four stroke really.

I gave her a hug for you and my hands wandered to her MRD, I hope your happy that my DRZ now thinks I'm a perv ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿคฃ:applause: Long live the DRZ!! No better! I rode a xt650 but that also felt gutless compared to the DRZ.. Wasnt so easy to wheelie.. and i think its even heavier.

Hopefully everything will go on fine for you Rock Monster and you will ride again soon!๐Ÿคฃ

I was dying to ride after not riding for the last three weeks. I am in the middle of a rebuild and usually ride 2 to 3 times a week riding single track. My mental state was in shambles so a friend of mine let me borrow his KDX220 to go riding for the day. I went with some other friends on a family day type ride.

It was so great to get out but I will say this. There is no replacement for the smooth power curve of the DRZ. The two stroke absolutely sucked when climbing hills and did not feel much lighter than my DRZ. After this expereince I realized I will never own a two stroke for trail riding. The KDX did start well and ran good. But was gutless compared to the DRZ. I guess I expected more out of a lighter bike but was dissapointed.

At least I got to ride and my DRZ will be ready this weekend as long as I don't run into any parts issues on delivery.

Everyone go hug your DRZ and tell her you love her.๐Ÿ‘

I was looking at a pic of your bike last week and was wondering what handguards you got? You'll be back blastin soon.

I bought mine in december and I have been 4 hours away from it in a different city since then. Now THATS not easy let me tell you

It's a lot different when you have to go out and stare at it everytime you are in the garage and it is sitting on a shelf a about 50 ziplock bags.

I hear you though. That must suck for you even knowing it works. I would drive that far just to start mine if it ran.๐Ÿ‘