week of 3/22/2010 - who rode/is riding?

So who rode this past weekend? Where did you go, and how were the conditions? How much mud did you encounter?

On a side note; this weekend seems like "the big kickoff" weekend of "official" riding. Where are you going and why?

I didn't get to ride this past week-end but fully anticipate riding this Sat or Sun. Either Midway or Hurricane Hills I'm guessing. I have to try out my bike and my new lazy self on a track I am somewhat familiar with so it will probably be HH - if they're open.

You planning on riding anywhere Steve? Kevin? Charlie? Shawn? Jordan (other than MV)? etc. etc.

So who rode this past weekend? Where did you go, and how were the conditions? How much mud did you encounter?

On a side note; this weekend seems like "the big kickoff" weekend of "official" riding. Where are you going and why?

rode out at a local private track sunday afternoon... great track conditions was a mix of sand and than some loam spots... only one corner had some mud other than that it was awesome! I hope to get out saturday or sunday... hurricane or midway sound like fun, keep me posted where ya guys end up going

The Scoopies and I haven't decided where we're riding yet; we decided to let the week play out and see how the weather turns out before we make a decision. Riding is in the cards though!

Want a horrible prediction? Nice all this week, rain this weekend. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have typed that... just what I'm fearing....

The Scoopies and I haven't decided where we're riding yet; we decided to let the week play out and see how the weather turns out before we make a decision. Riding is in the cards though!

Want a horrible prediction? Nice all this week, rain this weekend. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have typed that... just what I'm fearing....

I try and not consider weather until MAYBE two days before, but this is what "they" predict:

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. North northeast wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. East northeast wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.

Friday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.

i was riding at staples on the 20th, it was great, my 450f ran perfect in the 35 degree weather, by noon the dirt was soft and just made for a great time.

drat, that sounds lovely. I am for sure jealous. the 35 degree weather is what concerns me. I actually jetted my bike for the summer temps; such that even inside the sandwedge at 50 degrees or whatever it is in the dead of winter, my bike was just slightly lean. No effect on performance (she ran great), but when I was done riding she was a little hotter than normal.

I should just suck it up, throw the next size bigger main in there, and then the jetting would be fine all year round with a slight penalty for those hot summer days... or throw the next size up in, and change it in a couple of months.

Not me. I finished out yet another 70 hour work week this past weekend. Managed to get a fleeting glance at the dirtbikes and my R1 a couple of times.

Nowhere. Need to finish my taxes first and foremost. Then, finish up some projects before I leave my job. Finally, I need to convert my 450 from SuMo back to MX.

Didn't ride at all over the weekend... But the last couple of evenings I got a few laps in on our private track ?

Only one corner was muddy enough to ***** foot through and/or try to avoid... rest was pretty darned nice!

Even parked the ole cr and took a few laps on Don's 'new' '06 crf450! Do those things EVER run out of power? Found myself clutching it out of some corners, and immediatey after, scolding myself for bothering to do it! ?

Even parked the ole cr and took a few laps on Don's 'new' '06 crf450! Do those things EVER run out of power? Found myself clutching it out of some corners, and immediatey after, scolding myself for bothering to do it! ?

I can see you've tasted the kool-aid...it's only a matter of time now!

You will get faster:ride:

I can see you've tasted the kool-aid...it's only a matter of time now!

You will get faster:ride:

Well... umm.. I know I'd be able to throw away my grandma's ole walker if I rode the 450 all the time, it definetly scoots... But..

When I'm not laying around with broken ribs or collar bones, (or selective amnesia from head trauma (according to my wife)) I actually ride quite a bit, and I have a feeling I'd be spending a fortune on it in maintenance through the course of a summer. The two stroke is just a couple of pistons and rings a year and your done!

Would be cool to have one to ride a couple times a week, mix it up between the 125 and 250 two strokes, and 250 and 450 four strokes... Who knows? Maybe I should stay off of his before my mind starts to wander too far! ?

Didn't ride at all over the weekend... But the last couple of evenings I got a few laps in on our private track ?

Only one corner was muddy enough to ***** foot through and/or try to avoid... rest was pretty darned nice!

You think an '06 CRF450 is good. Should try my '07 YZ450F ?