2004 Crf250r Valve Problems

I have a 2004 crf250r with some bad valve problems I rode the bike for 10 hours after I got it and shimmed the valves, they went again so I put all new valves and springs in but never got the seats cut, I then had to him it 3 hours after that and now 5 hours later I am shimming them again. What can I do to fix this problem for damn near good? I searched and couldn't find much telling me exactly what bolt's on and what not.

I read somewhere that by not cutting the seats you could potentially shorten the life of the Ti valves by up to 50%. When you current valves go, which sounds like it won't be long, send the head out, get the seats cut, and have SS valves put in. Problem solved.

Your 1st mistake was not having the seats cut. They probably didn't seal very well to begin with. Even though you didn't have the seats cut, that's really quick for them to go south so fast. The reccommendation of the stainless valves for you is about the best advice at this point like Jbeaz said above. And while it's apart, have the exhaust guides looked at so if somethings wrong with them you can take care of it while it's apart rather than pull it apart in another 2 weeks because it's burning oil. You can get a set of stainless intake valves with the springs and keepers for around $150. That's a complete kit. You won't be able to use your stock springs with SS valves.

you have to get the seats cut each time new valves are installed.. agree with charlie on the above statement^ im not a fan of SS valves in race bikes tho, but if your a trail/free rider they will work fine..

....Absolutely! Guides checked and replaced as needed and seats cut everytime with new valves! Saves money in the long run........