UT NP Hiking?

Hey guys, im on my spring break and bored out of my mind! So I started thinking about taking a trip. I was thinking about going hiking out in UT and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or if it is even worth it this time of year. The weather for a majority of the areas down there look warm for the next week. I dont want to bring my bike along, just go hiking and maybe bicycling.

Im trying to keep my trip to a tank of gas there and a tank back. So around 450 miles from Colorado Springs.

Any suggestions? Preferably someplace with intense hiking.

Thanks,

Jack

Moab is in Southeast Utah. You could hike Arches National Park, etc. It's also and off-road mecca. There are lots and lots of trails for jeeps, off-road motorcycles and mountain bikes. I heard one should avoid Moab for Jeep Safari week because it gets mobbed. It looks like that's not until next week, Mar 27 - April 3rd.

I don't know about "intense" hiking, but Arches has some "fun" hikes; including the Primitive loop and the Fiery Furnace (which requires a permit or a guided tour).

The San Rafael Reef also has some fun hikes. Little Wild Horse is fun. There are others as well, but I haven't done them yet. Goblin Valley is nearby as well.

Check out the Grand Gulch/Kane Gulch area of southern Utah. Pretty awesome stuff.

You can also call up the Dolores Ranger District of the San Juan NF and ask about the BLM stuff they administer. It is a joint BLM/USFS office. Super awesome archaeology in that area. It can get pretty damn warm in the summer, but this time of year should be great. That is is your home state too.