New to the world of husky

So I am new to the world of Husqvarna bikes. I've been on a Kawasaki klx 400 sr for a while now and looking for something that is lighter and more agile. Friend of mine rides a KTM 520 and I like it, but not sure if I should drink the orange koolaid. Husky bikes have been looking attractive lately. Hard to find though. What are the years to avoid or the years to look for? My budget is about $3000 or so.

I came across a 99/00 that is somewhat local to me. Seller wants $2200. Here is the description: 99/00 Husqvarna TE 410, Clean bike amazing power. Pro Taper bars, ASV levers, Marzochi front end Brembo brakes, Titanium FMF Exhaust. This bikes rips. comes with brand new from Husqvarna; extra tank, radiator shrouds, graphics, all still in the package. Also comes with front headligth set up (original Husqvarna), and tailight. This is not street legal, but is California green sticker and currently registered. I hold the pink in my hand. No surprises with this bike.

Whatever I end up with will be dualsported, if it isn't street legal already. AZ is pretty lax about street requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a TE 410 1998 and, if I were you, I will buy the one you described ASAP. IMPO, these are bulletproof bikes, very simple to maintain, fast and easy to drive; in the other hand, they are somewhat heavy, fat and/or wide, long and rear steer. That said, I owned a TE 450 '04 and compared with my current bike, I prefered the the 1998 bike, because my age and budget. I hope this info will help you. Best Regards.

Good to know MrSmith!

I'm going to see if the bike is still for sale and go after it if it is. The only thing I need to figure out is how the AZ MVD will feel about bringing a bike from CA that isn't currently plated and issuing me a plate. I know that I need a headlight/taillight and a horn. I think that should be good... His asking price is $2200. If I can get it out of his hands for $2000 then I'll be pretty excited!

it's on OLD bike,

nice - good in it's day... but an OLD bike.

I take it it's the left kicker as I don't think the e-start 410 got to the US.

Left kickers don't hold much oil and have no oil pump, and therefore dont like lots of street riding and long distances between services.

good dirt focussed dual sport but NOT a DRZ.

check out all the 350 / 410 posts of late,

Charlie

I currently have a green DRZ. Looking to get rid of it and get something more dirt capable. It has been a good bike for the short time that I have had it, but time to move on. I read the stuff about the left side kickers and decided not to get it. Maybe one of the newer e-start 400's, if I can find one. I'll look at those posts on the 350/410.