premix comparable to Maxima 927?

927 is alittle dirty and leaves some carbon deposits, but i don't really care about that. What I like about it, it how slick it feels and how good my topend looks with it. Its just that its the only oil that while run at 24:1 and with my riding style, that leaves the topend/bottom end with plenty of oil in it.

The only reason I don't use it anymore is price, its $15 a quart now, which is alittle too much for me. Is there any oil out there that is like 927 but like $10 a quart? I was thinking of trying Klotz Benol or R-50 though.

it was definetly not lubed enough for my standards with 927. really 24:1 wasn't either. but 20:1 was perfect. and with 32:1 it was like the topend was dry compared to 20:1.

I ride MX really hard and I rev the crap out of it(probably too much) so the more oil the better.

and the way i look at it. i'd rather pay alittle extra to get a better oil or use alittle more oil, than pay for it later down the road. which i'm paying for now(my crank went out), it went out at 120 hours which is long enough for me. but i think it might have gone out prematurely because i tryed a different oil at a leaner ratio for the last 4 rides. most likely it wasn't caused by the oil, but just for piece of mind i'd rather go to a 927-like oil at a low ratio just because how i ride, if i was alittle easier on the engine, i'd have no problem running 32:1, but i'm not.

Here's my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong): Klotz R50 is full synthetic, BeNol is 100% castor, and SuperTechniplate is a blend of 80% synthetic 20% castor.

I always liked the Maxima 927, K2, and the Klotz SuperTechniPlate. I'm currently running Yamalube 2R because the previous owner gave me a new bottle of it when I bought my bike.

I dont know who you are or how you ride but I have a friend that is a Former World Champion and was asked by a major pre-mix manufacture to do some extreme testing with their oil. I am not going to name names and/or manufacture but he rode a 2002 YZ125 at 100:1 (I know because I mixed the fuel for him!) for months and months on a full synthetic brand of oil. The bike lasted many many hours!

I personally believe 927 is the best there is and you DO NOT need to run it at 20-24:1! I have many friends that raced pro back in the mid 80's through 2000 and here was our rule of thumb 125 32:1, 250 40:1 and 500 50:1.

Jet your bike right and I know that you do not ride any harder then any of my pro friends from back then and you will be fine!

Joe

I dont know who you are or how you ride but I have a friend that is a Former World Champion and was asked by a major pre-mix manufacture to do some extreme testing with their oil. I am not going to name names and/or manufacture but he rode a 2002 YZ125 at 100:1 (I know because I mixed the fuel for him!) for months and months on a full synthetic brand of oil. The bike lasted many many hours!

I personally believe 927 is the best there is and you DO NOT need to run it at 20-24:1! I have many friends that raced pro back in the mid 80's through 2000 and here was our rule of thumb 125 32:1, 250 40:1 and 500 50:1.

Jet your bike right and I know that you do not ride any harder then any of my pro friends from back then and you will be fine!

Joe

100:1 in a 125 ­čĹŹ Woods? the leanest i would go is 50:1 in a 250 with a FWW, and that would be for woods and jetted of course. I guess he dint care maybe casus his sponsers would give him a new bike:smirk:

927 is alittle dirty and leaves some carbon deposits, but i don't really care about that. What I like about it, it how slick it feels and how good my topend looks with it. Its just that its the only oil that while run at 24:1 and with my riding style, that leaves the topend/bottom end with plenty of oil in it.

The only reason I don't use it anymore is price, its $15 a quart now, which is alittle too much for me. Is there any oil out there that is like 927 but like $10 a quart? I was thinking of trying Klotz Benol or R-50 though.

To answer your question, use Maxima K2 they developed it as a cleaner alternative to the 927 with the same protection.

OMG gosh not another oil and oil ratio thread!

You can run any oil at 100:1 and get some hours out of it, the problem comes with overall durability. Your crank needs a certain amount of oil to keep those bearings alive and that depends on your riding style and engine size. But no matter, there aren't many fast guys on TT running above 50:1 and getting good life out of the motor. If your skimping on oil to save money then dirt biking may be too expensive for you.

I ran Benol at 25:1 in my KX250 until I ran out. I scored some Yamalube and now run it and it seems to work well. Harrperf says its good and that's all I need to know. When I run out of yamalube I'm switching to the walmart outboard oil and running it no less than 24:1. Can't beat 11 dollars a gallon!

And for the record 927 is a great oil but its not the best, its just a castor/syn blend. A 100% castor like Benol is the best you can run as far as protection goes.

Jet your bike right

Joe

This is the one bit of advice that I would pass on rather than lecturing.

We all know oil ratios are going to be purely a preference from one rider to the next. There is no real Right or Wrong oil ratio as long as your bike is jetted for what you're using and how you're riding.

OMG gosh not another oil and oil ratio thread!

You can run any oil at 100:1 and get some hours out of it, the problem comes with overall durability. Your crank needs a certain amount of oil to keep those bearings alive and that depends on your riding style and engine size. But no matter, there aren't many fast guys on TT running above 50:1 and getting good life out of the motor. If your skimping on oil to save money then dirt biking may be too expensive for you.

I ran Benol at 25:1 in my KX250 until I ran out. I scored some Yamalube and now run it and it seems to work well. Harrperf says its good and that's all I need to know. When I run out of yamalube I'm switching to the walmart outboard oil and running it no less than 24:1. Can't beat 11 dollars a gallon!

And for the record 927 is a great oil but its not the best, its just a castor/syn blend. A 100% castor like Benol is the best you can run as far as protection goes.

ok thanks. I just ordered some Benol last night. and plan on running it at 24:1.

Ya I think I'm gonna stick with Castor or atleast Castor blends from now on. Because all the other non castor oils I've used I've noticed more wear than I used to have when I ran 927. And I read that Castor the higher the temps, the more it sticks to parts especially bearings and that along with the fact 927 is soo slick(which i would think benol would be the same) compared to other oils I've used, just helps me more to stick with castor, than play it cheap.

To answer your question, use Maxima K2 they developed it as a cleaner alternative to the 927 with the same protection.

It wasn't really the dirtyness of the 927 that wanted me to try something else. it was the recent increase in price its like $60 a gallon now. Really the only carbon I would get in my bike would be in the exhaust pipe, there would be quite abit of buildup so I would just clean it every once in awhile, so no big deal.