Sign in to follow this  

Remove "Suzuki" logo from stock seat cover

Carb cleaner didn't work for me. I ended up using a little aircraft cleaner (paint remover). Let it sit for 30 seconds and took it off. I repeated until I got most of it off. I still had to use a black vinyl paint to touch up after I was done.

It was much more difficult to get off than I suspected it would be. Maybe I just didn't stumble upon the correct chemical. I just used whatever I found in the shop.

Acetone is pretty potent stuff. What ever you try I would first take the seat off and put some on the vinyl that's tucked under so if it really messes it up you won't see where you experimented.

Yeah I tried Carb Cleaner. It helped take it off, but is spreading white the white paint thinly everywhere I scrub. I will have to try paint remover then. Thanks for the tip.

I used Acetone, a wire brush and a whole lot of scrubbing to get them off. The vinal is tuff, so really no worries about tearing it with the wire brush as long as you're not pressing really hard. You cannot even tell on mine that it was ever there and did not leave any marks at all.

When I did mine, I first poured the Acetone on a rag and tried rubbing them off but had no luck getting them off that way.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewmod&mid=78639

I used Gumout spray carb cleaner.

I took one letter at a time. It seemed to soften the vinyl after a while so I took my time.

I used paint thinner and a lot of elbow grease, took a good 45 minutes for one side. Still some blemish of white that I cannot seem to get off. I will probably try some acetone & the wire brush. Thank you for the input guys.

Don't quote me on this but i've heard brake fluid gets it off. Test on non-visible area first.