HALLELUJAH!!! Problem solved!!

Howdy All:

All I've got to say is, "Thank God for the Mikuni pumper carb!!"

Weeks of frustrating hard starts wiped away by the simple expedient of installing the Mikuni! Now, it's a one or two kick start every time....not to mention the fact that it runs better and sounds better as well.

Of course, part of the credit also goes to all the TT readers who gave me a lot of good tips that were also incorporated - new plug, valve clearance adjusted, kicking from TDC, etc, etc.

Now, I've got a bike I actually look forward to riding rather than something I dreaded even walking up to since it usually involved wearing myself out trying to kick it over. Hallelujah!

For anyone out there considering buying a pumper carb, I say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.

Thanks again for all of the help from the TT regulars.

-Jim

While the

Howdy All:

Weeks of frustrating hard starts wiped away by the simple expedient of installing the Mikuni! Now, it's a one or two kick start every time....not to mention the fact that it runs better and sounds better as well.

Of course, part of the credit also goes to all the TT readers who gave me a lot of good tips that were also incorporated - new plug, valve clearance adjusted, kicking from TDC, etc, etc.

Now, I've got a bike I actually look forward to riding rather than something I dreaded even walking up to since it usually involved wearing myself out trying to kick it over. Hallelujah!

For anyone out there considering buying a pumper carb, I say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.

-Jim

While the

👍🙂🤣

Does it help with starting after hot stalls at all?

I hate when I'm lugging around through real tight woods and I hit the base of a steep hill and stall the bike while attempting to downshift real fast before I lose my momentum. It seems like anytime I do that on a hill, after walking the bike back to the base of the hill to flat ground, it takes like 50 kicks to start it up, even after clearing out the system with the Decompression lever and a bunch of full-throttle kicks.

Howdy All:

-Jim

While the

👍 Great news Jim! I'm so glad to hear that those "bad Vibs" are behind you.🤣

I know that you are going to enjoy having a XR now. 🙂:ride::applause:

Yep...so far it's worked great....in fact, i did an experiment to check just that...i ran it hard for about a half hour, then hit the kill switch...two kicks later (no choke), it started right up.

-Jim

Killing it with the kill switch seems to not cause the problem though. My bike starts without fail on the first kick after shutting it down via kill switch when it's hot... but if I hot stall it on a hill, it's a bitch to get cranked again.