still learning about jetting ?????

let me start by saying jetting wow . can someone tell me what the jets do ?? needle jet what happens when you move the clip up the needle or down ...?? and the pilot jet what does this really do ?? the main jet ?? thanks im sure im not the only one asking thanks 👍

The needle jet helps control from idle all the way to wide open. By raising the needle you are richening (letting in more gas) the mixture through the range of throttle.

These small bikes are VERY sensitive to jetting and air screw mixtures and come very lean from the factory. These are my starting points:

Stock = 38 Pilot, 80 Main, Needle without washer.

Airbox mod and modded pipe = 42 pilot . 85/90 main, #2 washer under needle to raise it 1mm.

Pod filter / Aftermarket big header pipe: 42/45 pilot, 90/92 main, #2 washer under needle to raise 1mm.

Big bore kits have their own jetting scheme and larger carbs.

Question. I have an 04 and I have cleaned the carb numerous times but the idle never really settles down properly. I rev it and it never idles down in a uniform way. It will drop down a little then holds (at a higher rpm) then drop down again but never goes all the way down to idle. Weird. I try adjusting the idle screw but that doesn't really help. Do I need a new carb?

Question. I have an 04 and I have cleaned the carb numerous times but the idle never really settles down properly. I rev it and it never idles down in a uniform way. It will drop down a little then holds (at a higher rpm) then drop down again but never goes all the way down to idle. Weird. I try adjusting the idle screw but that doesn't really help. Do I need a new carb?

Either an air leak or its very lean. is it all stock or does it have mods?

It is stock 04. Air leak will be in the snorkel? or where? Carb?

Could be where the manifold sits on the head most likely. pretty sure if i remember theres an oring under it. let it idle and spray starting fluid in all the intake spots. boot, mainfold, see if it revs up and that will tell you where the air leak is

• 10 months later...

I have the exact same problem as stock 134 with my klx110 2007. The bike was bone stock and whenever I would give it 1 quick rev on neutral, the rpm's would go up and stay up for about 10 seconds then come back down. Recently I have done the airbox mod and took out the choke for better air passage, and cleaned the carb. Hoping the rev problem would get fixed, the same symptoms remain. Any suggestions?