Can't buy $600 Knee Brace....

There's no way the boss will let me buy a $600 knee brace so I'm wondering if the $100 Thor Force Knee Guards will do?

I know it's not as good as the ones the pros and rich people use but will this be enough for the occasional track rides?

I looped my bike last weekend and my knee is really sore. That same knee was operated on 15 years ago for MCL and ACL repair.

Well, a GUARD is not a BRACE so I would say no. The GUARD is going to be better for rocks that fly up and hit you in the knee or if you're trail riding and ride to close to a tree. The BRACE (at least theoretically) is supposd to *help* prevent you from twisting your knee and causing damage that may need to be repaired surgically.

If you have insurance of any kind, as long as you have a note from your doctor, you should be able to get a good price or even free knee braces.

It's worth looking into. Hope that helps a little 👍

I have used the Thor Force as starter ones, they aren't that great.

I had a pair of EVS visions...also not that great.

I am now upgrading to Asterisk Cells.

there have been many debates on the effectiveness of a knee brace when it comes to a break. Some people break their femur above the brace while others break below and break the Tib fib. There are some threads on this section of the forum about it. Interesting reading to say the least.

If you have insurance of any kind, as long as you have a note from your doctor, you should be able to get a good price or even free knee braces.

Sadly, I found this to not be true. My insurance will pay for a brace as treatment, but not prevention. With the prior ACL injury, your case may be different though.