San Rafael conditions?

I was out there on Saturday and had needed to put the truck in 4wd. It is hard to guess what things will be like; however, the high riding, Eagle Canyon would be doubtful. Behind the Reef Possible with Temple Mountain some where in between. I am not planing on going out there next week. Either way, you will find some mud. I will be driving by there on Wednesday. If you want to PM me I will give you my cell number and you can call me Wednesday afternoon/evening and I can give you an update.

We were in Green River and drove up there just to have a look see from I-70 and, at exit 131, the land is still largely snow covered and it was actually snowing at the time. This was last Friday around noon and it got below freezing that night and I am guessing Sat night too. The dirt road right there by the interstate looked drivable, but not sure how far you could go before you found mud or snow.

Thus, I don't think things have changed significantly in a week. Maybe a little melting but it was pretty clear that it wasn't in good condition. Snow will be in every shady area and mud in many areas that may have just melted.

• 2 weeks later...