Bought a DRZ SM today....

I posted a few days ago seeking some advice regards the SM model. I have been finding road riding a bit of a pain in the arse with my DRZ S, knobblies on the road, rain etc etc, it jhasn't been enjoyable. Back to back with my ZX10R I began thinking it was infact a punishment to ride it, though I went off road last week and had a hoot. I was thinking an SM might be more appropriate for me. I'm a bit greedy with bikes. I have a pristine ZX10R so needed a track bike, so I have a pristine ZX10R track bike too. Thats along with my DRZ S......

I induged myself today. I bought a 2007 SM, in yellow, 3k on the clock, coloured braided hoses, full scorpion system with removable baffle, fat boy bars, renthal grips, edge rear light with tail tidy, R&G protectors front and rear and its very clean and tidy

Tommorrow I will drop the oil and put some decent stuff in it and then......I will ride it. I have only ridden it onto my trailer so far and it is completely different, lighter smoother clutch, more smoother on the throttle and it feels SOOOOOO controlable and compliant.

So million dollar question guys, can you all give me your pence worth on set up on your SM's, I weigh 165lbs, be very grateful for any input fellas.

I posted a few days ago seeking some advice regards the SM model. I have been finding road riding a bit of a pain in the arse with my DRZ S, knobblies on the road, rain etc etc, it jhasn't been enjoyable. Back to back with my ZX10R I began thinking it was infact a punishment to ride it, though I went off road last week and had a hoot. I was thinking an SM might be more appropriate for me. I'm a bit greedy with bikes. I have a pristine ZX10R so needed a track bike, so I have a pristine ZX10R track bike too. Thats along with my DRZ S......

I induged myself today. I bought a 2007 SM, in yellow, 3k on the clock, coloured braided hoses, full scorpion system with removable baffle, fat boy bars, renthal grips, edge rear light with tail tidy, R&G protectors front and rear and its very clean and tidy

Tommorrow I will drop the oil and put some decent stuff in it and then......I will ride it. I have only ridden it onto my trailer so far and it is completely different, lighter smoother clutch, more smoother on the throttle and it feels SOOOOOO controlable and compliant.

So million dollar question guys, can you all give me your pence worth on set up on your SM's, I weigh 165lbs, be very grateful for any input fellas.

Congratulations on the purchase!!👍

I weigh just under 150, and the stock suspension's suited me fine since the start. Fluid probably needs changing, but overall, it's still suspending me and the bike fine.:applause:

Sounds like your sm is already set-up. Just go ride it!!🤣🙂